Advice, please, Pacific Princess cabin

Sheltieluv

Hi, all. First-time Princess cruiser here, and I need your advice.

Our travel agent has reserved a "guaranteed" cabin, Category BF, for us for a Sept. 2019 cruise. After looking at the deck plans, I see that the Cabaret Lounge is located directly below us.

I am concerned about noise from the Lounge at night. For those of you who have stayed in a BF cabin, did you find that this was a poor location? My husband could sleep through a nuclear explosion, but I'm a light sleeper and am thinking I'll be listening to the thump-thump-thumping from the bass guitar until the wee hours....:o

This is a 14-night cruise, and port intensive, so I'm thinking that perhaps people won't be up really late, partying in the Cabaret, but one never knows! We have never booked a "guarantee" cabin before. Should I call my travel agent and move to a different category cabin? Or am I concerned about nothing?

Thank you so much!

The Cabaret Lounge is not a disco/nightclub. It is the main showroom. After the late show ends it should be silent. If you do end up with a cabin right above it the bigger issue will be if you want an afternoon nap while a rehearsal is in progress.

Your guarantee BF booking means you can be assigned any cabin on the ship BF or higher. As BF is the entry level balcony cabin it is very likely there has been more BF bookings taken than the sixteen cabins that are in that category. You could end up in virtually any balcony cabin on the ship--so worrying about location before your receive your cabin assignment is quite unnecessary.

Keep in mind while you're on the Pacific...the ship is not a good representative of what Princess offers. The Pacific is the ONLY small ship in the fleet. It has the feel of what it was like to go on a cruise in the "good old days". All of the other ships are a lot bigger, less intimate.

It's our favorite ship and we've been on at least 8 Princess ships.

We chose this ship because of its small size and the itinerary. (If one of the big ships had been doing the same itinerary, we wouldn't have even considered it.) Typically we sail on Regent because of the small ships, great service, and wonderful crew. Am hoping for a positive experience on the Pacific Princess!

We chose this ship because of its small size and the itinerary. (If one of the big ships had been doing the same itinerary, we wouldn't have even considered it.) Typically we sail on Regent because of the small ships, great service, and wonderful crew. Am hoping for a positive experience on the Pacific Princess!

You should love it. Princess isn't in the same league as Regent, but we had the best food in the MDR of any Princess cruise, the crew/staff were beyond helpful and friendly. (y)(y)

I was in one of those cabins for 17 days and agree with fishywood that the main concern is rehearsal noise during the day if you want to rest. While sometimes there was a bit of noise, overall it wasn't a big problem for me and I like a quiet location. I had no problems with noise in the evening.

Thanks, everyone, for your replies.

We're very excited to be on Princess for the first time and are looking forward to visiting the British Isles. We're very low-maintenance and are sure we'll be happy on-board.

Thanks for your assurances about noise. I was a teacher for 34 years, so I like "quiet"!:p