Everglades excursion disembarking day

flipflap78

The excursion info will state something like 'for airport departures after 2pm' to finish the tour and drop at airport before flights. Trip likely start 7:30-8pm from ship area.

Based on 2 years ago, you had a group narrated boat ride for 30? minutes in swampy area and saw 1-2 sunning alligators who were totally acclimated/bored to the frequent passers-by tourists. Then there was a stop at alligator farm to see a short wrangler show off feeding gators. More interesting for kids. Good Luck

We did this trip last year and the guide could not get through the trip quick enough to drop us at the airport. We had to queue up for two hours before the check-in desks opened. Our flight was about 5pm and we were dropped at the airport before 12.00

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did this tour last March when we docked in Miami and flew from Ft. Lauderdale. We left the ship around 8:30 and got to the airport around 12 p.m. First it is NOT in the Everglades.....at least ours wasn't....it was in Sawgrass State Park....the alligator feeding was a waste of time but the airboat ride was great! We had done two prior to this one (Everglades NP and Lake Topo, Kissimmee) so we had something to compare it with and I would say this was the best of the three.....we saw many alligators and had one swim right up to the boat.....lots of birds and the ride was 1 hour. We had a flight at 5 p.m. and got to the airport around Noon, but we knew that and planned to have a leisurely lunch/dinner at the airport since we wouldn't be home till almost midnight. I was concerned about having to haul our luggage because Southwest won't let you check bags until 3 or 4 hours before flight time but a very helpful gate agent quietly suggested we go back outside to curbside check-in and the sky caps would check our bags. THAT was a valuable bit of information!! If you've never done an airboat ride I would not hesitate to recommend this one....the "zoo" is totally touristy...there's limited food (ice-cream and soft drinks) but the airboat was fun and the bathrooms were clean.

We have a late flight too and have booked a day room at the Pullman at Miami Airport. We have done this in the past and it worked out well for us. We booked through HotelsbyDay and found a 5% discount code online.

We did the HOHO Miami tour in February. We left the ship at 8 am sharp and were shuttled to the Bayside mall where you can leave your luggage, and then hop on the HOHO to see downtown, or the beach area. Each are about an hour, and you can do both if you have time. At the mall there are plenty of places to eat, shop and so there are many boat rides you can take. I read that they have live music also, but not the day we were there. Then you pick up your luggage and they shuttle you to the airport. I think there are 4 different shuttle times to the airport. This is $59, purchased thru the ship. We will probably do this again next month when we depart as our flight is not until 7 pm.

Brickell bag bnb is not very close to Miami International. There is a bag storage area at the airport

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, but is near the port (with a trolley)

I can leave the suitcases just disembarked and pick them up before going to the airport