Future Cruise Deposit - Sip & Sale Promo

redrobin

I will be cruising with Princess in October, the first time in several years. I plan to purchase a Future Cruise Deposit onboard. However, I also like the Sip & Sale promo going on now, which I read isn't offered very often, and ends Sept 5. Is there any way that I can take advantage of both the FCD and S&S on the same cruise or am I out of luck and need to pick one or the other? Thanks!

I will be cruising with Princess in October, the first time in several years. I plan to purchase a Future Cruise Deposit onboard. However, I also like the Sip & Sale promo going on now, which I read isn't offered very often, and ends Sept 5. Is there any way that I can take advantage of both the FCD and S&S on the same cruise or am I out of luck and need to pick one or the other? Thanks!

If you already were in possession of an FCD you could use it as your deposit on a booking that had the Sip N Sail promo. However, you can't retroactively apply it. Am I not understanding your question?

I thought the answer would be no, but figured I'd ask. I, unfortunately, don't have a FCD to use with the S&S now. I'll likely just book a future cruise under the S&S, and still purchase a FCD in October to have on hand. Thanks!

I would definitely buy an FCC. You have lots of time I to use it, just be on look out for next S&S promo and book another cruise!!!

I bought 2 in March for DH and I and booked for March 2020 as soon as the itinerary I was hoping for became available.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your posting doesn’t indicate where you’re from. If you’re near a cruise port & they offer the BVE just sign up for one where you can purchase your FCD while you’re onboard. I’ve done this since I live in San Francisco.

Tom😎

Thanks again. The BVE is something I had heard mentioned, but never really considered before. I have been toying with the idea of arranging a multi-generational family cruise with some first time cruisers. The BVE might be a good introduction for them too, to gauge their interest, in addition to picking up a FCD. I don't see it mentioned anywhere, are there any age restrictions for the BVE?

Thanks again. The BVE is something I had heard mentioned, but never really considered before. I have been toying with the idea of arranging a multi-generational family cruise with some first time cruisers. The BVE might be a good introduction for them too, to gauge their interest, in addition to picking up a FCD. I don't see it mentioned anywhere, are there any age restrictions for the BVE?

There is no age requirement that I’m aware of. What port/city are considering? They have a limit of 50 people & all ports might not have the BVE. You sign up with Princess. Remember to sign them up as new to Princess so if they book a cruise you both get $25 each.

Tom😀

What I like about FCD is that you can "piggy back" it with other promotions (we did that when we booked our Dec 18 cruise). I saw up thread that a poster bought 2 FCD. Are we able to buy more than 1 per cabin?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

You can purchase multiple FCDs and they're not per cabin, they're per guest. We purchased three each on our last trip in June and have already committed two each ....

What I like about FCD is that you can "piggy back" it with other promotions (we did that when we booked our Dec 18 cruise). I saw up thread that a poster bought 2 FCD. Are we able to buy more than 1 per cabin?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Each person on the current cruise can purchase as many as they wish. They are per person, not per cabin. We typically buy 2 for each of us, unless we have some unused ones.

The nice thing is that you have 2 years to BOOK, not to cruise. On some other lines, you must cruise by the expiration date.

You can purchase multiple FCDs and they're not per cabin, they're per guest. We purchased three each on our last trip in June and have already committed two each ....

But in applying them to a future cruise, you can put down more than one FCD per person, but only the first per person will have the OBC. The others will just be a bigger down payment for your cruise. So save the others for future cruise bookings.

On our cruise that ended yesterday' date=' they were offering double OBC in addition to any current promotions on many Caribbean and Panama Canal cruises booked on board.[/quote']

Obviously bookings in the Caribbean still have not bounced back from the effects of last year's hurricanes.

But in applying them to a future cruise, you can put down more than one FCD per person, but only the first per person will have the OBC. The others will just be a bigger down payment for your cruise. So save the others for future cruise bookings.

I should have been more clear. We've already committed two each FCDs to two future cruises. Like you, I don't see the logic in using more than one FCD per person per cruise unless maybe they were about to expire.