Cruise Hacks

ElaineKeagy

Want an outlet close to your bed so you can use your phone while plugged in and lay down at the same time, or have your phone on your nightstand? The lamps are plugged into Euro style plugs behind the bed.

Get an international travel adaptor. There are lots of good ones, some even have several USB ports built in - meaning you don’t even have to plug an additional usb charger into the adaptor. You can even plug the lamp back in with the adaptor “in the middle” and continue to have light!

Want an outlet close to your bed so you can use your phone while plugged in and lay down at the same time, or have your phone on your nightstand? The lamps are plugged into Euro style plugs behind the bed.

Get an international travel adaptor. There are lots of good ones, some even have several USB ports built in - meaning you don’t even have to plug an additional usb charger into the adaptor. You can even plug the lamp back in with the adaptor “in the middle” and continue to have light!

This is a great idea!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

A small fan. We always bring one with us. We like the cabin to be on the cool side, and a fan makes a big difference, especially at night for sleeping.

On our last cruise in 2015, we asked for both our cabins to have fans in them. The cabin attendant supplied them to us. The cabin would have been WAY too hot without them. Do they still provide them at your request?

A few of the LED votive candles from the dollar store. They’ll make a nice ambiance in the cabin since it’s a delayed honeymoon.

we have some like this that are motion activated battery activated - we always have one in the bathroom so we don't have to turn on the light if we need to get up and potty in the night.

1. Bring more hangers

2. Create more outlets

3. Plastic bins to use in bathroom

4. Sanitizing wipes to clean room before your cruise begins

5. If you have a balcony room, a way to clean the balcony and sliding glass door, after splashes and rain (I use microfiber on a handle for car glass cleaning).

6. The trifecta of a good nights sleep (ear plugs, eye mask, & sleeping pills) for good measure add a fan or white noise app (we think neighboring ship doors slam terrifically loud and wonder why we are the only ones that hold them until they shut softly.)

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but I love to bring battery operated tea lights. Great to have in the evenings and small enough you can bring them outside on the balcony!

We always use those in the bathroom at night time. No blinding yourself or your cabin mates since the switch is outside the door.

I like to bring nicely scented hand sanitizer. Bath and Body Works has many and they also sell little rubbery holders you can you to attach them to a beach bag or what have you. Very handy when out on excursions.

This is great to know! Any suggestions for a not too expensive one. I'll be using my CPAP machine for the first time on a cruise and was wondering how to plug it in. Only remember seeing the one outlet on the main counter and was trying to figure out how to stretch it over to the bed!

We have been on many cruises and have never seen the need for most of the cabin hacks ( overdoor organizer, command hooks, magnets,etc.).Stick with things for use outside the cabin (the yeti/tumbler, towel hooks, luggage tags, lanyard,etc ) Whatever you get, put it in a colorful foldable tote ( TJ Maxx and JoAnns have them for a dollar).

We have been on many cruises and have never seen the need for most of the cabin hacks ( overdoor organizer, command hooks, magnets,etc.).Stick with things for use outside the cabin (the yeti/tumbler, towel hooks, luggage tags, lanyard,etc ) Whatever you get, put it in a colorful foldable tote ( TJ Maxx and JoAnns have them for a dollar).

We tried taking the over the door organizer, magnets, etc with us once. For us, it was the biggest waste of space and literally every bit of it went into the trash.

My favourite is my little convertible tote bag. I attach it to my purse and carry it everywhere off the ship. I think it would be a perfect little gift.

ChicoBag VITA Purple Blooms Compact Reusable Shopping Tote Grocery Bag, Eco-Friendly, Washable, with Attached Pouch and Carabiner Clip to Take With You on the Go - Flourish https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0786WSYSD/ref=cm_sw_r_oth_api_5M9JBb5K7HD7B

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I take ALL the hacks! Helps tremendously! Can't live like a pig in my cabin. I want everything organized. I think of more and more helpful items each time I finish up a cruise. Hope all of these suggestions help you:)