LIVE from the CARIBBEAN PRINESS - August 25th - Sept. 1st

Pia1913

Good Monday morning and welcome to Grand Cayman. Sort of. You all know this is a tender port and since all there is here (when you've been a zillion times before) are banks and jewelry stores, soyou know I'm staying on the ship. Oh yes, we moved our clocks back one hour last night so that gave us an extra hour of sleep. Ha! Tell that to my body which has it's own clock.

I'm going to start this by giving you the numbers of the top three most traveled: #1 has 1448 days, #2 has 1275 and #3 has 1023. In the past I never told how many we had and I'm still not divulging it. But I will tell you I'm #7. :)

Several of my friends told me not to miss the show "Bravo", so I did in fact see it last night. Very entertaining; 5 excellent vocalists.

Since it's a port day, not very much happening around the ship. If my team is on board, I will have trivia at 10:30 this morning. Otherwise I will read. A lot. Afternoon has that steel drum class again as well as a lightening fast art auction. And trivia. The spa also has assorted "seminars."

On tap this evening is the Captain Circle Cocktail Party which I'm probably not going to attend. This is the mass cocktail party for everyone on the ship that doesn't have a blue card. Not really interested in this. Entertainment tonight is movie Avengers: Infinity War on MUTS, in the theater, Gary DeLena - advertised as a comedian, and several different games shows. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Responses will follow separately.

Meredith: - Sauv Blanc always my first choice. Sometimes not available, so switch to pinot grigio

Can't cruise - This is only 7 days for me. I have another cruise scheduled end of Sept. so need to visit my house for a while.

Kywildcat & Kendon - Don't know what the problem was in July, but all my meals are in buffet and it's fine.

Thrilled to see your 'Live From' this morning!! Yours was the first blog I ever followed on Cruise Critic and have learned so much from you over the years. Very sorry to hear that you are no longer cruising with your dear Mike. Sincere condolences.

We were on the Caribbean in July and had a fine time. Some were grousing about the food in the (Winn Dixie!) World Marketplace but we always found something we liked and did not go hungry. Ate in the MDR a couple times and had good experiences.

They've stepped up their trivia prizes, as you reported. You were lucky enough to miss the giant foam rubber '#1' fingers from a couple years ago!

Again, SO happy to be onboard with you again!

PS Yes, you've absolutely still got it! :D

Pia,

Welcome back. I always looked to see if there was a "Live From" by you.

My sincere sympathy for your loss.

Hope you enjoy this cruise and all the others in your future.

Judy

Sent from my WAS-L03T using Tapatalk

Hi Pia,

Love reading the posts. Reading out loud to S. He is singing the song “Hello Pia” (Hello Dolly). He said that everyone should sing that song for you! Don’t know how he even thought of that!!!!

Love the live blog! I will be following along!

Enjoy!!

Very quiet day. Did nothing but eat, read and play trivia. And that's probably what I'll do the rest of the day/night. But of course I will add wine at dinner. Tried the stromboli at SLICE; awful. Also the meatball focaccia; just as bad. Went into the buffet and had a salad. Good!

Another successful trivia; won this morning and acquired another wine stopper. A loss at trivia this afternoon; prize was wine stopper again. I think I have enough.

Everyone is currently lining up outside of Club Fusion waiting for 5:15 party and their free booze. Only two of our team are attending.

And there you have it as we sail towards Honduras. See you there tomorrow morning. We turn our clocks back again tonight; I hate it. Then we'll have two makeup nights turning it forward. A real pain. :mad: I wish they would just stay on ship's time.

5:00 PM. Wine Time. :D

Bye

Voljeep I will answer that. First of all some people are just good at trivia they don't need to cheat from previous weeks. it seems like you have insinuated a couple of times already that they win because of previous weeks.

Friends were recently on for two weeks and said no trivia's were repeated.And they, who always play trivia and win, said it was extremely hard trivia on this ship. Now my friends are incredible at trivia and said in the two weeks, they only won once.

So if Pia has already won a few times, it is because she and her trivia partners are smart.

Good Morning; it's Sunday and we're at sea. Sun is shining and looks to be the start of a lovely day. Received a note under my door that laundry will take at least 48 hours to return. On short cruise, unless emergency, I don't use it.

Last week I used it twice, and got 36 hour turnaround both times.

I'm going to start this by giving you the numbers of the top three most traveled: #1 has 1448 days, #2 has 1275 and #3 has 1023. In the past I never told how many we had and I'm still not divulging it. But I will tell you I'm #7. :)

Several of my friends told me not to miss the show "Bravo", so I did in fact see it last night. Very entertaining; 5 excellent vocalists.

Didn't see a write-up on most-travelled in the Patter last week. (We didn't get a Patter Friday evening.) I remember you and your husband were most travelled on our Coral PC partial-transit about four years ago.

I enjoyed Bravo very much. The visiting soprano hit a couple notes I've never heard sung before!

Responses will follow separately.

Edited by HappyCruiserettu
Typo

Hi,

Can you find out about Wakeview Bar? I see it listed in the on board dining options, but don't see it anywhere on the deck plans

Wakeview Bar exists only on the Sapphire Princess and Diamond Princess. It is accessible from the back of Club Fusion on deck 7 but is downstairs on deck 6.

Pia,

So glad to see your "live from" again.

I am sorry for your loss. We enjoyed our chats with you two. Probably chatted the most on the 49-day Grand re-positioning. That was a long time ago.

Also very sorry that we missed you on the ship. We got off on the 25th.

Getting home was a challenge. We flew SW and our flight to TPA was getting ready to board when they announced the weather delays. 3 gate changes, many garbled announcements all while the luggage was sitting out on the tarmac next to the ship. Got home 2 hours late with soaked luggage.

Is Faye still the CC Host? When I spoke with her at the CC party she said she was going to be on for the next cruise yet I think I read a post somewhere that she left at the end of the cruise. If it isn't Faye, who is the host? Will also be interested in finding out if the missing MTG picture on the last patter for our cruise was a one-off or if they are making it a permanent change.

Have a great cruise. We enjoyed our time on the CB and liked some of the experiments with new dishes. DH was happy because there was lots of chicken! I liked the salads and the broccoli!

I see Peter Hollister is back as the HGM. He was actually on the ship during our cruise but was doing something else and Chris was the HGM.

Where are you going in September?

Great cruising. Hope to see you one of these days.

Wakeview Bar exists only on the Sapphire Princess and Diamond Princess. It is accessible from the back of Club Fusion on deck 7 but is downstairs on deck 6.

On the Princess website under dining options.....I copied and pasted

Wakeview LoungeCaribbean Princess Casual N/A N/A 5:30pm onwardNominala la cartepricing applies

On the Princess website under dining options.....I copied and pasted

Wakeview LoungeCaribbean Princess Casual N/A N/A 5:30pm onwardNominala la cartepricing applies

I'll stand by my previous statement about a Wakeview Bar. That said, using the search engine on the Princess website returns only some descriptions about the Royal class ships with the Wakeview Pool and its bar.

How about posting the actual link so we can take a look at this ourselves.

I'll stand by my previous statement about a Wakeview Bar. That said, using the search engine on the Princess website returns only some descriptions about the Royal class ships with the Wakeview Pool and its bar.

How about posting the actual link so we can take a look at this ourselves.

Page 5..third from the top

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf