Flight into FLL at midnight - how hard is it to find a taxi/Uber/lyft?

laurasue

We are flying into FLL for our first cruise from Port Everglades in October. We booked direct flights on SWA but since we are coming from the West we arrive pretty late local time. Are taxis or lyft/ubers still around for late night arrivals? We will have our kids in tow so we’d prefer not to wait around for too long if we don’t have to. Thanks!

I work at FLL till 2:30am

There are taxis normally right outside of all the terminals. Walk out of any terminal ( in arrival area ) and turn left...the taxi stands are there. Uber/Lyft have pick up areas between terminal 1 and 2 or between 3 and 4. When you cal for Uber or Lyft it’s normally less than a 10 minute wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are flying into FLL for our first cruise from Port Everglades in October. We booked direct flights on SWA but since we are coming from the West we arrive pretty late local time. Are taxis or lyft/ubers still around for late night arrivals? We will have our kids in tow so we’d prefer not to wait around for too long if we don’t have to. Thanks!

There is a taxi stand outside baggage claim. Do not use them. We did so in May and our taxi driver was a madman with an attitude. Just use Uber - that area has lots of different levels of Uber, so you can have a nice ride if you wish, without riding in a car with a psycho. FLL Taxi = Scary Ride

There is a taxi stand outside baggage claim. Do not use them. We did so in May and our taxi driver was a madman with an attitude. Just use Uber - that area has lots of different levels of Uber, so you can have a nice ride if you wish, without riding in a car with a psycho. FLL Taxi = Scary Ride

Sounds like that driver made quite an impression on you:p

We've used both taxi's and uber many times in FLL. Never any issues with either. Usually with uber the fare is cheaper and the car is cleaner.:)

I've never had any problems with the taxis at FLL. I just started using Uber within the last year, so no experience at FLL. Taxi drivers are aware of flight arrivals, and will be at the airport as long as there are passengers deplaning.

Roz

I work at FLL till 2:30am

There are taxis normally right outside of all the terminals. Walk out of any terminal ( in arrival area ) and turn left...the taxi stands are there. Uber/Lyft have pick up areas between terminal 1 and 2 or between 3 and 4. When you cal for Uber or Lyft it’s normally less than a 10 minute wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the firsthand info!