Booking On-Board

ckb104

Normally no to extra perks. However, on our cruise that disembarked Aug. 25, they were offering double the OBC that you'd get based on cabin level with a future cruise credit if you booked a Caribbean or Panama cruise while on board. And, as usual, you still got any perks or deals that were being offered on line for the date you chose.

This typically happens when cruises aren't booking as well as they'd hope. Giving double OBC today is still a better deal for Princess than dropping the fares as the cruise nears.

I've occasionally seen the double on-board credit offer. It hasn't been offered on every cruise. And the few I've seen it on were not ones that I was ready to book a specific cruise. The one time I booked a specific cruise, I just got the regular amount of OBC.

Like other posters have said, there are usually no special perks, but I'd be happy to see one. We've booked onboard when there is a sale that we don't want to miss or when a new itinerary is available to book.

When we board the Royal on Sept. 10 we're booking onboard because we are out of FCC's. We'll buy them and immediately book a Pacific Princess cruise for Sept. 2019.

I am currently on board the CB and there is definite advertising regarding obtaining double credit if booking on board. No specific cruises are listed. I just bought some FCC's and not interested in booking anything at this time.

I am currently on board the CB and there is definite advertising regarding obtaining double credit if booking on board. No specific cruises are listed. I just bought some FCC's and not interested in booking anything at this time.

I just got off the 18 Aug - 25 Aug cruise. I saw the double credit offer , but as others have said, it is limited to Caribbean and Panama Canal cruises.

I see no reason to book on board unless they are offering an extra incentive on a cruise that interests me. I can purchase a future cruise certificate and have it sent to my TA without having to deal with the future sales person. Then I can book thru my TA after I'm home!

Both of my "in person" encounters with a future cruise individual were less than satisfactory. The first person was downright rude when I asked him about something I'd read about Princess cabins--sorry, am I not allowed to ask questions? All he seemed to want was to hurry me in and out and get his brownie points for the booking. The other was just in too big a hurry.

I must admit I was not impressed with the "Future Cruise Salesman" on our last Princess cruise. I hope the one on our next one is better as we are interested in two cruises.

Why not buy the future cruise certificate and book the cruises after returning home UNLESS there is a special deal on board? Many TAs will give you a better deal/better perks than booking on board.

Why not buy the future cruise certificate and book the cruises after returning home UNLESS there is a special deal on board? Many TAs will give you a better deal/better perks than booking on board.

You can always book on board and have the booking assigned to your TA immediately or do it after you get home and still get the "better deal/better perks" that your TA offers. (Unless this is past final payment time in which case it is too late to transfer the booking to a TA.)