Ten years ago today ...

Host Hattie

And only two days short of 20 years since our first crossing on QE2.

Doesn't time fly when you're having fun?

First Cunard sailings:

1992 Cunard Princess

1995 Sagafjord

1996 Cunard Crown Dynasty

1997 Vistafjord

1998 QE2

1999 Cunard Royal Viking Sun

1999 Sea Goddess II

2001 Caronia (doesn't really count)

2004 QM2

2007 Queen Victoria

2012 Queen Elizabeth

Regards, Colin

As Captain McNaught was known to say at the cocktail parties, "what took you so long". At least you got to sample QE2 before she retired.

It will be 27 years for me in November. It just happens I will be on QM2 on the day.

It's been just a bit over 10 years since our one and only cruise on QE2. It was a rather last-minute "now or never" decision to take a cruise to Norway on QE2 in June, 2008. It definitely qualified for "what took you so long?" and was certainly a most memorable cruise.

Here is one of my favorite photos from that cruise. This was taken during her final call at Geiranger.

As Captain McNaught was known to say at the cocktail parties, "what took you so long". At least you got to sample QE2 before she retired.

It will be 27 years for me in November. It just happens I will be on QM2 on the day.

[emoji3] "what took me so long" was a tendency to sea sickness ! Several cross channel/North Sea ferry crossings and a short stint working on a cruise ship from Sydney had convinced me that cruising wasn't for me.

Our entire family loved the QE2 to sail on.

From our first sailing in the last 80's till her departure, we would sail every year on the Elizabeth 2.

There will never be another one like her.

"Long Live The Queen"............

[emoji3] "what took me so long" was a tendency to sea sickness ! Several cross channel/North Sea ferry crossings and a short stint working on a cruise ship from Sydney had convinced me that cruising wasn't for me.

How do you cope now with sea sickness? It's something I've wondered about because I definitely experienced it during rough days on 2 or 3 early cruises. Since then, I'm sure the seas have been rougher but I don't notice a thing. Is it something we adjust to after a few cruises?

How do you cope now with sea sickness? It's something I've wondered about because I definitely experienced it during rough days on 2 or 3 early cruises. Since then, I'm sure the seas have been rougher but I don't notice a thing. Is it something we adjust to after a few cruises?

My seasickness has got worse - but that could be due to other medication I take. The only thing that has worked for me is the patch that is worn behind the ear. That allows me to continue cruising :)

Happy cruise anniversary Hattie and may you have many more! The QEII looks lovely, but very petite nowadays compared to the new Queens.

Do you have any more photos of either her or your cruise you might share please?

Nine years ago tomorrow I boarded the Black Watch for my first cruise!

Just over 10 years (+3 months?) for our farewell to her. (Our fifth voyage on her since our first in '89)

We boarded a Western Med cruise in Rome/Civitavecchia (She had departed without us from Southampton - and we also missed Napes during a long garbage strike.)

When we disembarked to the QM2 (or first on her) for a crossing home, the ship began hosting a special luncheon for the Queen to bid her farewell.

Both voyages were stellar!

I take Avomine at the first hint of bad weather ! It's an interesting point about whether we get used to it, that first cruise was fine but I have suffered a couple of times since. Both occasions in 2010, on QM2 sailing back to New York from the Caribbean in January and in June on Fred Olsen's Braemar from Dover to Bergen.

We've encountered some bad weather since then but I've been fine (fingers crossed that continues).

Happy cruise anniversary Hattie and may you have many more! The QEII looks lovely, but very petite nowadays compared to the new Queens.

Do you have any more photos of either her or your cruise you might share please?

Nine years ago tomorrow I boarded the Black Watch for my first cruise!

Lots, I'll try to find a few of the more interesting ones.

4 years ago we were in Norway on Queen Victoria.

Time does fly - seems like only yesterday we took the “once in our lifetime cruise” from Southampton to NY in 2007 but now we have 11 Cunard cruises under our belt; 1 P&O cruise and 3more Cunard cruises booked!

I take Prochlorperazine for my seasickness and works wonders. You can buy it as Bucastem over the counter but some pharmacies wont sell it to you in great quantities. i have had a NHS prescription for it but now the surgery wont dispense anything for seasickness so I had to get a private pescription but it wasnt too expensive