A detailed, specific question on FTTF

ricew001

Ok ya'll - pardon me for this question. I will go full disclosure and say my background is I'm an educator and I write instructions for people, so I also like clear instructions. You may remember that I was the one tripped up by the instructions to "fill a bag" with dirty laundry because no where did I ever see there was a form to fill out to send with the dirty clothes......

Now I have a similar question for FTTF. I have not purchased this before and because of hubby's work schedule, we are taking a shorter cruise next. Because it is shorter, I want to get FTTF to maximize every minute.

So in all the references I've read out here all I see is "Drop off your bags early at the cabin."

My question is specific: can we ONLY drop off our bags? Are we not allowed to spend a few minutes in the cabin unpacking and changing clothes?

I didn't know if you can only drop off your bags because the steward is still working or you can have "full access" to your room earlier. I mean my plan is to get to the serenity deck as fast as I can with a drink in my hand, but I do like to unpack and I would want to change into my bathing suit instead of wearing it under my clothes.

And one other questoin - how long in advance does it become available? My cruise is over a year out so I haven't seen it yet although I've checked a few times!

Thanks for your help and I do appreciate it!

I think your question has been answered properly. One thing however I will add just so you're not confused when you embark, the metal fire doors will be closed and there will be a sign telling you not to enter until 1:30. With FTTF you can ignore than and open the doors and go to your cabin. Your sail and sign card will be in your mailbox and you can go in your room and do as you please. I think the reason it says drop your bags is because most people drop their bags off and go to lido to eat and people watch.

When you open the doors that are telling you- you cant enter unless you are FTTF, Platinum or Diamond, you click the door handle and the door will slowly open. It is pressurized. If you dont see the door open immediately-wait! Because if you try the handle again, it will open, and then start closing on you, and I had the bruises to prove it.

When you open the doors that are telling you- you cant enter unless you are FTTF, Platinum or Diamond, you click the door handle and the door will slowly open. It is pressurized. If you dont see the door open immediately-wait! Because if you try the handle again, it will open, and then start closing on you, and I had the bruises to prove it.

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up

The instructions on the Carnival website seemed pretty clear to me -- and I too have been an educator and technical writer.

"Guaranteed Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready as soon as you board, so you can relax or freshen up for the fun you're about to have."

There is no reference to "Drop off your bags early at the cabin" in these instructions. Those words appear to be a CC definition of FTTF.

This is one of the many times using the cruise line website as a starting point for information is a better idea than relying on CC for the detailed instructions you require.

Ok ya'll - pardon me for this question. I will go full disclosure and say my background is I'm an educator and I write instructions for people, so I also like clear instructions. You may remember that I was the one tripped up by the instructions to "fill a bag" with dirty laundry because no where did I ever see there was a form to fill out to send with the dirty clothes......

Now I have a similar question for FTTF. I have not purchased this before and because of hubby's work schedule, we are taking a shorter cruise next. Because it is shorter, I want to get FTTF to maximize every minute.

So in all the references I've read out here all I see is "Drop off your bags early at the cabin."

My question is specific: can we ONLY drop off our bags? Are we not allowed to spend a few minutes in the cabin unpacking and changing clothes?

I didn't know if you can only drop off your bags because the steward is still working or you can have "full access" to your room earlier. I mean my plan is to get to the serenity deck as fast as I can with a drink in my hand, but I do like to unpack and I would want to change into my bathing suit instead of wearing it under my clothes.

And one other questoin - how long in advance does it become available? My cruise is over a year out so I haven't seen it yet although I've checked a few times!

Thanks for your help and I do appreciate it!

Supposedly, the number of FTTF sold is dependent upon the number of Diamonds and Platinums booked on that particular cruise. Hence, if there are no FTTF available as time goes on, there will be a lot of D/P sailing.

BTW, I'm also an educator, of 5th and 6th graders, so I often find myself asking or answering very specifically.

You have full access to your cabin upon boarding. You may take a shower, or a nap, or unpack. The only thing I am aware of that you can't do is order from room service.

When it becomes available varies throughout the year.

. When I got to my cabin and I had no ice to go with my $100 bottle, I called room service and they brought me ice. I was in the cabin early with FTTF.

We have had FTTF for the last four cruises and never ran into that. We just turned the handle, opened the door and walked through it. Maybe the Conquest Class ships are different than the ones you have cruised on but none of them were ever pressurized.