EWR to Manhattan Cost

Does anyone know the approximate cost of Uber from EWR to a Times Square hotel in the morning weekday? Wondering if I should get Uber or Carmel. Carmel quoted me $44 plus tolls plus tip. He said the tolls should be approx $17. Uber does not seem to get estimates anymore.

Also, best way to get from Times Square to Red Hook? Same question ...Uber vs Carmel. One person. Midweek

NJ Transit is a cluster with a LOT of canceled trains...and they're not really luggage friendly.
The only time there's cancellations is if something happens on a line. It's rare. Delays... Maybe... But I've only ever been stuck once because of it. Lived in the area and ridden njt for like 30 years.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

The only time there's cancellations is if something happens on a line. It's rare. Delays... Maybe... But I've only ever been stuck once because of it. Lived in the area and ridden njt for like 30 years.

You need to read social media. Due to PTC installation, there are, on average, 6 trains in and out canceled every day on all lines, NEC, NJCL, MoBo, etc etc etc....and I've been doing the same. Just suggesting that, until PTC is installed, NJT is funded, and properly staffed, there are going to be a LOT more cancelations. It's a heads up for people not familiar.

You need to read social media. Due to PTC installation, there are, on average, 6 trains in and out canceled every day on all lines, NEC, NJCL, MoBo, etc etc etc....and I've been doing the same. Just suggesting that, until PTC is installed, NJT is funded, and properly staffed, there are going to be a LOT more cancelations. It's a heads up for people not familiar.

The staffing issue has been a big problem. Lack of engineers has been causing cancellations, particularly in the summer when train crew members want to take vacation time. State law requires NJT to hire only NJ residents and there just aren't enough qualified applicants who reside in NJ. NJT has to get an exception approved each time they want to hire someone from out of state, and given the snail's pace that government bureaucracy moves at they can't fill positions quickly enough. They've been talking about getting the law changed to allow hiring from out of state.

That “like 30 years” on not must have been a while ago.

“only ever stuck once” in 30 years??????????

“Something happens on a line” fairly often. Breakdown ahead of you; breakdown of equipment you’re riding; derailment in Penn Station; train cancelled because no engineer, etc. are “somethings” that happen more than once every thirty years.