Need advice--Staying on a different floor than our young adult children? (23, 20, 18)

KKB

OK, looking at the Anthem over New Years.

It makes sense for us to get a balcony--if I book today I get free tips & a specialty dinner for 2 which offsets the price difference from an interior. It would be decks 6, 7, or 8.

The options for the kids are:

Interior deck 11 (we could get an interior on deck 11 as well)

Accessible OV deck 3 (we can book the accessible as it is the only available OV for 3); we have had an accessible room & I KNOW the kids would appreciate the space. $275 more total than I.

Balcony decks 9 thru 13. $500 more.

So if we want to be on the same floor, we need to get an interior.

I or OV we would be 3 floors higher or lower.

Balcony we would still be a deck away.

I am leaning toward the OV for the extra space for them. The older 2 have lived away at college so they are accustomed to "being on their own".

They are all very responsible young people, so I don't feel the need to hover. But we have always been very close--same cabin, adjoining, across the hall or down the hall a few cabins, so this feels VERY odd.

Thoughts are appreciated!

Our first cruise with our children were when they were 25, 23, and 19...……………..We were in a balcony on deck 9; they were in insides on deck 2. It was great for everyone involved. We always had dinner together and spent the days either in port or at the pool. Hubby and I had our privacy and so did they.

Annabelle--I hear you. DS23 has cruised twice with friends. I KNOW it is good...it is just so WEIRD!

I did book the OV for them & balcony for us 3 floors up, near the same elevator.

There is no reason or need for them to be near you, considering they are adults. I also would never book a HC room for any reason this far out if not needed. (extra room is not a reason).

With that being said, pick the rooms that are in your budget and enjoy.

I wouldn't have but it was the ONLY OV available for 3 (which was what I wanted to book for them).

If they need the room, we are certainly flexible with a move!

Merion--I love that!

We encouraged all of our children to go away for college. The 2 oldest went 10 hours away to TCU, and the eldest is currently in grad school 24 hours away in Fresno. (looks like #3 is staying local--but he WILL be living in the dorms!)

We downsized this past spring from a 5 BR house to a 3 BR townhouse--so as I said, I felt like mama bird pushing the birdies out of the nest. But as our wise DD20 said, "But, Mom, that's how birdies learn to fly."

Yes, we are truly blessed with 3 amazing children who make parenting pretty easy.

I KNEW they would be OK...but sometimes a bit of affirmation doesn't hurt.

Thanks ya'll!