Where is the Galley?

Acheavacci

Numerous posts on do not choose a cabin under galley. I have been looking at Allure and Independance of Seas deck maps on CC and can not find where the galley is in relation to deck 2. Where is the galley for these ships and how do I find what deck they are on?

There are numerous galleys throughout the ship. We avoid cabins by any galley (kitchen) so think specialty restaurants, dining room, Windjammer buffet, etc. We always, without exception, book a cabin which is sandwiched between two decks of cabins, so there is less chance for noise from above and below. You may also encounter noise if you book above a theater or night club, or next to a stairway for crew (often a "white space" on the deck plans). We also would not book near a suite that has a grand piano. ;) So pull up the deck plans for each ship and see what you are dealing with.

Are you set on being on Deck 2? I am not seeing Deck 2 on Allure - no cabins available there.

As Karen correctly points out, there is no passenger Deck 2, and therefore are no staterooms on Deck 2 on Allure. The first passenger deck with staterooms is Deck 3, and those staterooms are all midship forward. The main galley is far aft on Deck 3 behind the main dining room on that deck. There are also no staterooms on Decks 4 & 5. So there aren't any staterooms on Allure located near the galley.

On Independence the galley is similarly located on Deck 3 behind the main dining room. On this ship if avoiding being under the galley (or main dining room) is a concern, I would avoid any stateroom aft of the main elevator lobby on Deck 2. That would include 2350 through 2378 starboard side and 2650 through 2678 port side.

And to be sure I would suggest using the RCI website to look at each ship's deck plans to assure the best accuracy.

Thank you for the quick responses. I should have stated deck 2 of Independence of seas vs. deck 3 of Allure. However, I think we can swing a balcony on Independence vs. Central Park interior (no balcony) on Allure. Itinerary is completely different but both are intriguing because we have never been to any Caribbean Island except Aruba on our honeymoon. I am also looking at Carnival Ships.

I have narrowed down the dates but choosing ships and itineraries is challenging because it's not ever apples to apples. Being a first time cruise with a family of two adults and two teens I am trying to evaluate the ship activities that would fit us best. Thanks again:)

I am also looking at Carnival Ships. Being a first time cruise with a family of two adults and two teens I am trying to evaluate the ship activities that would fit us best.

I have never cruised with Carnvial, but have extensively with RCI, including Allure. With your family I would highly recommend Allure as there is no other ship class afloat like the RCI Oasis class, of which Allure is one. Many varied and unique venues and activities - Broadway shows, comedy club, rock climbing walls, water slides, aqua park, ice skating rink, Boardwalk, zip line, Royal Promenade, flow riders, etc. - that are family oriented and would appeal you and your kids .