cabin service

CruisinCrow

Asking for Three Times a Day may help Carnival fropm starting to charge soon for Cabin Service. Look what thet have done not to allow even Bottled Water to be brought on by us paying cruisers. EG: I pay five cents per bottle, Carnival charges to the cabin 45 cents per bootle plus a !5 % Tip/FEE! (What the heck is the FEE for?))

I'm having a difficult time understanding the point you are trying to make.

Me too. :) Was anyone asking for three times a day service?

Two times a day is the standard for all the other cruise lines. I think it's kind of sad that Carnival tries to trick you into accepting once-a-day service. I don't blame the cabin stewards, I blame Carnival for cutting back their staff so much that they can no longer provide good service.

On a family cruise I tend to have my teenage sons across the hall or next door. I usually do give $20 upon our introduction, as an apology! One is up early and eating breakfast with me, the other one is sleeping until noon. One is neat, the other one, not so much. I don't think of it as wanting extra service, but more of an apology!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Dear StolidCruiser,

A simple point..

Asking for Three Times a day service for the cabin PreEmpts.

Your State of NY in Rockland County has had an Emergency Sales Tax for Decades. But when does that cease??

Here in New Jersey we just got mega-shafted by the is Governor Murphy he is increasing our Fuel Tax begining in this October 2018. Notice how they swept it through on a week with so many gone on vacation?

Yes no Public Meetings for this..

With Carnival as the OP shows too. Cabin Service, CCL :NYSE/LSE wants to somehow start charging for Cabin Service. They have now even for Room Service, Water bought even Online has a Hefty 15 % Tip. Oh where does that tip go? I wager not to the Bagage Handlers delivering it!

Hpoe that helps clarify.

Dear StolidCruiser,

A simple point..

Your State of NY in Rockland County has had an Emergency Sales Tax for Decades. But when does that cease??

Here in New Jersey we just got mega-shafted by the is Governor Murphy he is increasing our Fuel Tax begining in this October 2018. Notice how they swept it through on a week with so many gone on vacation?

With Carnival as the OP shows too. Cabin Service, CCL :NYSE/LSE wants to somehow start charging for Cabin Service. They have now even for Room Service, Water bought even Online has a Hefty 15 % Tip. Oh where does that tip go? I wager not to the Bagage Handlers delivering it!

Hpoe that helps clarify.

Do you also happen to believe the Earth is flat?

On our most recent Dream cruise, the cabin attendant definitely did not clean the cabin even once a day on multiple days....worst service ever. We prepaid all grats. We were absent from the room, having fun with shore excursions, etc. so there were plenty of times for the usually ninja-like cleaners to bring the room back to the standard (not that we made a mess nor left towels, clothing, food trays all around). It just didn't happen like usual. Very disappointing to not even see once-daily service.

Did you leave the red SNOOZING sign on your door handle by mistake? If so, they are not allowed to enter your room even if they know you are not there.

Dear StolidCruiser,

A simple point..

Hpoe that helps clarify.

I recommend before sending out your posts you do a bit of spell checking and maybe check your punctuation. An alternative would be quit drinking in the early afternoon.

Did you leave the red SNOOZING sign on your door handle by mistake? If so, they are not allowed to enter your room even if they know you are not there.

.....or if you’re in the cabin during their working hours they will not do your Cabin.

Past three cruises (Splendor in March and onboard now, and the Inspiration in June) the stewards haven’t asked about service. They’ve cleaned in the am, including the towel animal. In the pm they’ve touched up and switched out towels.

.....or if you’re in the cabin during their working hours they will not do your Cabin.

Past three cruises (Splendor in March and onboard now, and the Inspiration in June) the stewards haven’t asked about service. They’ve cleaned in the am, including the towel animal. In the pm they’ve touched up and switched out towels.

Them asking you to ok one time service will be coming.

Dear StolidCruiser,

A simple point..

Hpoe that helps clarify.

I recommend before sending out your posts you do a bit of spell checking and maybe check your punctuation. An alternative would be quit drinking in the early afternoon.

I have a decoder ring that works pretty well. I can usually understand about 50 % of his post.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

What's really funny is that John Heald posted a note from someone saying that AAAAmerican has "panicked" everyone with his post about Carnival going to paid cabin cleaning. Heck, we'd have to understand what he's saying before anyone would "panic". :D

Dear StolidCruiser,

A simple point..

Hpoe that helps clarify.

Huh???? What? I’m confused [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I must've missed the part in my cruise contract where it says I'm paying for twice a day cabin service... :confused:

The housekeeping portion of the suggested gratuities has yet to decrease and passengers still have the option of selecting both services. It’s a reasonable expectation based on previous experiences and the gratuities for some people would reflect the service received.

I am familiar with those signs - and am aware how they work. This cabin did not even have a Snoozin'-Cruisin' sign! No continental breakfast door-hangers, either.

Will receive a first-hand report from two family members next week; they are on Freedom now. If they have a good time, which I certainly hope they do, we will move forward for a 2020 cruise reservation. However, if they have similar problems, we won't book our next envisioned cruise on Carnival.

Suggested gratuities are on a daily basis, not on a per service basis, but no worries for people who actually cruise on Carnival - just let your steward know your preferences.

If something isn't right with your stateroom when cruising on Carnival, let your cabin steward know. This includes Snoozin signs and continental breakfast door hanger menus. If you never see the steward, pick up the phone and page him during normal working hours. If you don't know how to operate a phone, walk to guest services and ask. If you wait until after the cruise to let someone know, that's on you.

Do the cabin attendants still ask if you want morning or evening service and can you still say both? Or are you limited to just one service now? We'll be on Liberty in November.

Our attendant asked us to sign a form stating which service we wanted. We opted for both service and I highly recommend this if you like ice in your cabin. On our cruise, the next day's fun times was not available in the daytime service, but we enjoyed getting it in the turndown.

The attendant appeared a bit disappointed when we opted for the turndown, as this is more work for them, but he got over it, and it is his job. He also got a nice extra tip for good service.