cabin service

CruisinCrow

I am familiar with those signs - and am aware how they work. This cabin did not even have a Snoozin'-Cruisin' sign! No continental breakfast door-hangers, either.

Will receive a first-hand report from two family members next week; they are on Freedom now. If they have a good time, which I certainly hope they do, we will move forward for a 2020 cruise reservation. However, if they have similar problems, we won't book our next envisioned cruise on Carnival.

You must be a very laid back person because I would not have tolerated your experience.

My kids room did not have a SNOOZING sign and I told the cabin steward immediately. If I had a problem and I did not see our steward, I left a note on the bed with my requests.

I know people like to pre pay as much as they can but I just can't see prepaying gratuities on a service you did not receive yet. This is an example why.

You must be a very laid back person because I would not have tolerated your experience.

My kids room did not have a SNOOZING sign and I told the cabin steward immediately. If I had a problem and I did not see our steward, I left a note on the bed with my requests.

I know people like to pre pay as much as they can but I just can't see prepaying gratuities on a service you did not receive yet. This is an example why.

People do it as they do not want to get off the ship owing money they cannot pay immediately and I can understand that.

However for us we do not pay tips ahead of time we wait for them to be earned. We had one bad experience where the head waiter should have been fired for what he did and that was the only time we pulled his tips.

Automatic gratuities are not prepaid gratuities.

On prepaid gratuities, some people prefer to prepay gratuities because they know they are going to get great service and because it is one less thing that has to be paid for after the cruise.

On prepaid gratuities, some people prefer to prepay gratuities because they know they are going to get great service

How would they know?

Service varies from person to person and cannot be predicted or guaranteed. Service cannot even be guaranteed for those who post on Cruise Critic that they bribe the steward with $50-$100 on the first day.

What's really funny is that John Heald posted a note from someone saying that AAAAmerican has "panicked" everyone with his post about Carnival going to paid cabin cleaning. Heck, we'd have to understand what he's saying before anyone would "panic". :D

Ok, that's ridiculous. I think he just likes to bash Cruise Critic. I asked a simple. honest question and got my answer. I don't see anyone here panicking about anything.

How would they know?

Service varies from person to person and cannot be predicted or guaranteed. Service cannot even be guaranteed for those who post on Cruise Critic that they bribe the steward with $50-$100 on the first day.

I would never offer a tip early in the cruise. It would be like going to a restaurant and handing the waiter a tip when they first introduce themselves, to encourage better service. If you have to tip up front for better service, you are in the wrong place!

I would never offer a tip early in the cruise. It would be like going to a restaurant and handing the waiter a tip when they first introduce themselves, to encourage better service. If you have to tip up front for better service, you are in the wrong place!

I think some of the folks in this thread might consider it: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2035200

How would they know?

Past experience and knowing to deal with issues on the ship and not on Cruise Critic.

Brides are not related to prepaying tips and I don't recommend them. I think that actually is more on an insult.

Past experience and knowing to deal with issues on the ship and not on Cruise Critic.

I’ve had plenty of past experiences and know how to follow the proper channels to address issues while on the ship. Despite that, I encountered several service failures and product discrepancies which ultimately drove me away from Carnival in 2012 after they were not resolved.

Past experience, based on your comment, would have dictated that I would have received impeccable service on that Carnival cruise but it certainly wasn’t the case. There is no possible way to know you will receive great service on a cruise. What I experienced was the exception to my previous cruises but it was still what I experienced.

I have very low expectations set for my next Carnival cruise. To keep this thread on topic, you can be sure my stateroom will be serviced twice each day.

Edited by xDisconnections

I’ve had plenty of past experiences and know how to follow the proper channels to address issues while on the ship. Despite that, I encountered several service failures and product discrepancies which ultimately drove me away from Carnival in 2012 after they were not resolved.

Past experience, based on your comment, would have dictated that I would have received impeccable service on that Carnival cruise but it certainly wasn’t the case. There is no possible way to know you will receive great service on a cruise. What I experienced was the exception to my previous cruises but it was still what I experienced.

I have very low expectations set for my next Carnival cruise. To keep this thread on topic, you can be sure my stateroom will be serviced twice each day.

Even your pride and joy Princess tell customers not to expect perfection. Perfection is not a reasonable expectation.

I have received excellent service on every cruise I have been on, with the exception of one non-Carnival cruise. I have no reason to expect different.

In your case, I suspect your attitude becomes a self-fulfilling prophesy. Attitude is contagious. Why would you pay for a Carnival cruise with that attitude?

Why would you cruise on Carnival if you feel this way??? I swear some people cruise just so they can complain about it. Fortunately for me when I have a bad experience with any company, I have the intelligence to ensure that company will never get another penny from me.

I love the turn-down service. Just a couple of years ago we'd come back to our room and the bed would be turned down, lights on low, a towel animal and the next day's planner on the bed. The room isn't cleaned, it's just straightened and the bed turned down. I always want the twice a day service because I love the turn down service. SO romantic! Now it's like pulling teeth to get that. :(

Or are we no longer talking about that at this point?

How messy are you? Do you leave your lights on bright wasting energy? Our towels on the floor are replaced and trash bins are emptied. Ice is replenished. The bed is turned down. I don't expect violins to be playing in the background.

Twice a day cabin service is not a fantasy. It exists.

I always want the twice a day service because I love the turn down service. SO romantic! Now it's like pulling teeth to get that.

Not for us, it was very straight-forward. The steward gave me the cabin service form, and I made the choice and signed it. It's not like I had to beg him to do it.

Dear BlerkOne,

At least you express your opinion a lot here.

Normalcy was different before . They even had massive parties and all were well fed.. BonVoyage..

Violins as well other stinged instrumants was a normalcy. We had full orchestras too aboard . Music Union.

We had three times a day Cabin Service.

How messy are you? Do you leave your lights on bright wasting energy? Our towels on the floor are replaced and trash bins are emptied. Ice is replenished. The bed is turned down. I don't expect violins to be playing in the background.

Twice a day cabin service is not a fantasy. It exists.

How messy are you that you need both? Do you wash towels at home after a single use?

Non issue with once a day, prefer evening myself. Come back from dinner and all cleaned.

Do not need both but it is certainly nice to have. Over the years have gotten used to it and see no reason to voluntarily give it up

I love twice a day service. That is one of the things that I love about cruising. I keep my cabin neat and tidy, the only thing I like at the evening service is the turndown and the lamp on beside the bed, along with the Fun Times (Plus clean, dry towels). I also previously liked the towel animal at turndown, but in the past year I have noticed that they are given at the morning service.

Dear BlerkOne,

At least you express your opinion a lot here.

Normalcy was different before . They even had massive parties and all were well fed.. BonVoyage..

Violins as well other stinged instrumants was a normalcy. We had full orchestras too aboard . Music Union.

We had three times a day Cabin Service.

Back in the day before stabilizers? When your ancestors rowed to the edge of a flat earth? Not on any Carnival that I know, but I've only been cruising for a few hundred years.