Homewood suites airport west miami

Tntt

I am a hilton honors member so we usually stay at Hilton hotels when traveling. I found a Hilton homewood suites located miami airport west for our pre cruise hotel. Have anyone else stayed here? Is airport west a good safe location and will I be too far from the port of Miami?

Is this the one in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA? :confused: If so it is often suggested on this board and I've stayed there and was happy. Good for late arrivals if you are only interested in dinner and a room. There is a local strip mall about a 5-10 minute walk away with grocery, drug and liquor stores plus fast food and dining options. Taxi to POM from there will be about $30+ or you can use UberX (good for 2-3 passengers and standard bags) for about $20.

A better option if you are arriving earlier and want to see/experience some of Miami is the Mary Brickell area in downtown - check out the Hampton Inn or Homewood Suites there. Lots of local dining and nightlife within walking distance! :D

It's not the Blue Lagoon. It's Airport West. North/West corner of the airport. Is it safe? Yes. You will be fine. There is nothing around it, though so it's just a hotel to overnight at and maybe Denny's across the street.

Too far from the port? No. It's a trivial distance. My suggestion, however, would be to check out the Blue Lagoon Hilton as it's usually inexpensive and will be a bit closer to the port, plus bigger/nicer.

This homewood is the one that is airport west not blue lagoon. I seen that there was a couple of hiltons closer to Port but we want a hotel with free breakfast so we have the convenience of just grabbing a bite to eat that morning before we leave for the port.

Taxi from any hotel close to the MIA airport to POM will take about 15 or so minutes and will run about $30 or you can Uber/Lyft for about $20 - so distance to the port is not an issue. It depends upon how late you arrive, your budget, and how much or little of Miami you want to see. :confused:

Taxi from any hotel close to the MIA airport to POM will take about 15 or so minutes and will run about $30 or you can Uber/Lyft for about $20 - so distance to the port is not an issue. :confused:

A gross underestimation in this case. It will take more than 15 minutes just to go that far west of the airport terminal, never mind to PortMiami. Taxi Fare Finder pegs this between $42 and $55 depending on traffic from hotel to port. That hotel is right on top of an offramp from a major expressway. There are multiple franchise restaurants down the block--as well as the main county lock-up.

TripAdvisor reviews are pretty good but this hotel is a bit overpriced for what it is useful for--which is no more than simply checking in and bolting yourself in the room for the night. Depending on the season I would think a better location certainly can be had for the same money or points.

Sorry - from the description above it sounded like it was closer to MIA, not way out west. My MIA airport hotel experience is mostly in the Blue Lagoon area plus one night at the Embassy Suites.

It is very much at MIA. Just on the west/north side of the airport. The airport is big. I am going to disagree with Fishy that it's 15 minutes additional drive. Google clearly shows it as a 4 minute (which sounds about right to me) difference. It should be rather trivial which hotel you stay at.

It is very much at MIA. Just on the west/north side of the airport. The airport is big. I am going to disagree with Fishy that it's 15 minutes additional drive. Google clearly shows it as a 4 minute (which sounds about right to me) difference. It should be rather trivial which hotel you stay at.

A four minute difference from where? If you are comparing the distance from the MIA terminal vs. the hotel in question to PortMiami that is a totally irrelevant number as driving direct from MIA to PortMiami is not one of the OP's options as they are arriving in Miami the night before their cruise.

Google Maps puts this hotel at 18 minutes from the passenger terminal at MIA. And hotel to port at 25 minutes. You have to compare the 43 minute grand total to what the total of the two drives would be from MIA to a hotel south or east of MIA, and thence hotel to PortMiami. Would easily be under 30 minutes in many cases.

And no, the intersection of NW 36 St and the Palmetto Expressway is not "very much at" the airport. Blue Lagoon area is much more easily accessible from the terminal.

It's 12 minutes from the passenger terminal to the Homewood vs 9 minutes to Hilton at Blue Lagoon. It's 22 minutes to PortMiami vs 18 minutes.... I mean, seriously. This is an airport hotel, OBVIOUSLY and the difference in drive time is beyond trivial.

I guess we will agree to disagree on ground-transfer convenience.

But I still maintain that based on the current low-season rates this hotel is overpriced for its location. If we knew what date the OP was looking for I'm sure a comparable Hilton property in a better location for close to the same cost could be found.

If we knew what date the OP was looking for I'm sure a comparable Hilton property in a better location for close to the same cost could be found.

I would agree with this statement :)

My point was that the other hotel, if that is the OP's choice, is perfectly adequate for what they are looking to accomplish. "Leave well enough alone" kind of thing.