No show

I will be adding a friend to my reservation and I know there is a fee if I change that person. But, if she ends up not being able to go, is there a fee?

There is no fee to change a name on a reservation, as long as at least one person from the original reservation remains.

If you are going solo, you are probably paying double anyhow. Adding a person would only add taxes, so going back to solo would result in a refund of those taxes.

Oh, my TA had told me there would be a fee to change. Good to know.

Yes, I paid double and was going solo but then a friend wanted to go. I know the only extra at this point will be her taxes since its past final payment. Also good to know that those would be refunded if she can't go. Thank you for the quick response!!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Oh, my TA had told me there would be a fee to change. Good to know.

Yes, I paid double and was going solo but then a friend wanted to go. I know the only extra at this point will be her taxes since its past final payment. Also good to know that those would be refunded if she can't go. Thank you for the quick response!!

There is no fee as far as the cruise line is concerned, however your travel agent can impose any fee they want.

Yeah...the TA can charge you whatever they want...you need to find this stuff out ahead of time. However...if the person simply doesn't show up upon boarding...how would the TA even know? No charge! Don't tell the TA! The port fees and taxes are refunded by the cruise line...not the TA.

Always good when booking a solo to add a TBD (to be determined) guest so there won't be any problem adding someone...It's the life boat capacity that can come into play.

If you end up having a no show....no one at the terminal or onboard will ask or care. The port fees and taxes will automatically be refunded with in a week or two to the credit card used to pay the final cruise balance.

Enjoy your cruise !!