Chef's Table on Navigator?

baryton

Hi there. I recently sailed on Mariner of the Seas and purchased the Chef's Table. It was presented in the Main Dining room on deck 4.5. This was a middle area with a long table that held about 16. I enjoyed the meal, but would have preferred the ambiance be a bit quieter, rather than in the middle of the 3 deck Main Dining room.

I will be going on the Navigator of the Seas on November 18 and want to encourage my travelling companions to do the Chef's Table one night, but wanted to know where on NOTS they have the event.

Has anyone done this on the Navigator recently? Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Baryton/Rusty

We did it on Navigator in January last year and it was in the Windjammer on the left side by Giovanni’s. That side was closed off for the evening and only the right side open for the buffet. They had our area semi-enclosed with some partitions. It was fairly quiet and it was one of the better chefs tables we have done. Of course that always depends on the chef and sommelier!

On the Explorer TP earlier this year it was in a section at the back of Chops, with a curtain pulled across to separate it. We heard that they also sometimes do it in a section of the Windjammer on Explorer. Since Navigator is the same class I suppose it could potentially be in either of those two places too.

Having done it many times on Radiance class ships (in the excellent dedicated dining room) and on a couple of Vision class ships (in the 'prefab' room carved into the Dining room - which was fine), I would hesitate to do it again on a Voyager class ship. It's not cheap and the full experience comes from being in a dedicated dining room. It just seems that on Voyager class they shove it in wherever they can find a space.

OP, I'm surprised to hear that the venue for the Chef's table is many times in the MDR or Windjammer. I'm glad you posted this, as we're always looking for new experiences to try and may have considered the Chef's table. (We really enjoyed our first Galley Tour last cruise).

I agree it seems a more "upscale" setting would be suitable, but I'm guessing it would be difficult based on the number of guests attending the meal? If someone would have had me guess where I expected it to be, I would have guessed a specialty restaurant.

Dan

I'm a little concerned about Chef's Table on Navigator. I was planning to do it on my next cruise in November.

I've done it on Grandeur and Anthem. Grandeur is amazing. Sure, its in that prefab room (I love that description), but inside that room, you're really withdrawn from the rest of the MDR and a great experience. Anthem, we did it in the room behind Chops, which had the same atmosphere.

I wanted to do it on the Independence back in 2013, but it was not available on that ship when i sailed on her. I see why now. It may appear that the Freedom and the Voyager class doesn't have a the room for it.

I remember doing it on the Carnival Pride and they put it in the dance club!!! Surprisingly it actually worked very well.

We just sailed on Navigator from Southhampton on 14 day Med cruise. Had an excellent experience with the Chef table. Dinner was held between decks four and five in the main dining room.

How do you sit at a table in between decks? Or do you mean sometimes they would have it on 5 and other times 4?

Dan

How do you sit at a table in between decks? Or do you mean sometimes they would have it on 5 and other times 4?

Dan

Dan, at the back of the MDR, between deck 4 and 5, there is a small landing/balcony, where the staircases are. It fits a table that can accommodate up to 12-16 folks.

This keeps you out among the folks having dinner on the three decks of the MDR. Can be a bit noisy, so a bit less ambiance for a fine dining experience with the Chef's Table.

Baryton/Rusty

Dan, at the back of the MDR, between deck 4 and 5, there is a small landing/balcony, where the staircases are. It fits a table that can accommodate up to 12-16 folks.

This keeps you out among the folks having dinner on the three decks of the MDR. Can be a bit noisy, so a bit less ambiance for a fine dining experience with the Chef's Table.

Baryton/Rusty

Thank you. I was wondering if that is what they were talking about. Thank you for the clarification. In my mind I pictured that staircase landing as between deck three and four

Dan