Drink package newbie question

LH3

Hi guys,

Trying to see if the alcoholic drink package is worth it and also how it works.

Is it automatically on your sea pass card and every time you go to the bar it’s just free? Do you have to tip each time?

Next question - if I were to average 3-4 beers a day.

And my other half averaged 1-2 beers and maybe 2-4 cocktails a day - does that make it worth it?

I guess what I’m asking is how many drinks a day would it equal out too with the package?

The package is noted on your SeaPass card and tips are added when the package is first purchased. No additional tips are charged, unless you order a drink that exceeds the package limit, in which case you will be charged the difference plus 18%.

Beers are the lowest priced alcoholic drink. Four beers would be around $28, which is lower than the lowest cost of the package I've ever seen.

However, four blender cocktails might be $48, which has been about the break even pouint..

Sounds like it probably will not be worth it for you guys. Obviously, it depends on what price you can get in the cruise planner, but to get into "worth" it territory, I think you're typically talking 5 or so cocktails a day. Of course, if you also get fresh squeezed OJ with breakfast, specialty coffee, and some bottles of water throughout the day, it makes the package make more sense as well.

I have gotten the drink package on every cruise, and I think I usually get my money's worth. I also really just like the convenience. Yes, it's just loaded on your seapass card, and when they swipe it at the bar, they may or may not give you a receipt on which you could add a tip. Of course, you can always give a cash tip as well. Gratuities are built into the cost of the drink package, so it's up to you whether you would like to tip more. On Empress back in July, I don't think I got a receipt once throughout the cruise.

Bob has pretty much answered your question. I just wanted to add that if you decide to purchase the deluxe package, stalk the cruise planner (and/or your roll call) as prices can change. You can always cancel your current package and purchase it for a lower price as long as its 3 days before the the cruise.

I have an add on question...

If our cruise is 7 nights (Sunday-Sunday), how many days do they charge you for if you get the package? Technically the trip is 8 days, but is the return day really a day?

Packages are for the number of NIGHTS on the cruise. The return day is NOT a "day"..they want you gone ASAP! Packages are PER PERSON...If one of you gets the booze package, the other will have to get at least the "refreshment" package.

Drinks that are INCLUDED in your base fare are: Ice water, coffee, tea (hot or iced), lemonade or flavored water, milk and juice during breakfast. If you are good with those items and simply want a beer or cocktail once in a while, it's probably better to just pay as you go.

I have an add on question...

If our cruise is 7 nights (Sunday-Sunday), how many days do they charge you for if you get the package? Technically the trip is 8 days, but is the return day really a day?

Price is based on the number of nights.

Hi guys,

Is it automatically on your sea pass card and every time you go to the bar it’s just free? Do you have to tip each time?

And my other half averaged 1-2 beers and maybe 2-4 cocktails a day - does that make it worth it?

I guess what I’m asking is how many drinks a day would it equal out too with the package?

Wine, beer and spirit based drinks are not the only things covered.

The Deluxe

Beverage Package includes

cocktails, spirits, beer, wine by the glass, mocktails, premium coffee and tea,

bottled still and sparkling water, fresh-squeezed juices,

fountain sodas shakes at Johnny Rockets

with a souvenir Coca-Cola cup,

a 40 percent discount on wine bottle purchases up to $100 and a 20 percent for those over $100.

Think about all those other things not just alcohol based beverages. Add a couple of bottles of water, a premium coffee and a fresh juice or two and then balance the cost out..

bosco

Hi guys,

Take a careful look at your cruise itinerary. Example, if you're doing a Med, the drink package simply is not worth it due to excursion times (IF you do any, that is) because you're off the ship the entire day in each port, literally.

This can be very subjective and opinionated, however. Right now, with what you're saying, you'd be better off financially just buying drinks one on one and I would skip the package altogether because you need to drink much more than that to make it worth the money.

If I were to average 3-4 beers a day.

ADD 2 BOTTLES OF WATER A SPECIALTY COFFEE AND A FRESH JUICE

And my other half averaged 1-2 beers and maybe 2-4 cocktails a day

ADD 2 BOTTLES OF WATER A SPECIALTY COFFEEE AND A FRESH JUICE

MAYBE ONE OR TWO SOFT DRINKS (SODA-POP)

-----------------------------------

I always get the DELUXE plan and my wife always gets the ROYAL REPLENISHMENT(n0n-alcohol)

We always come out ahead.

We always sail the Caribbean and always keep a few bottles of water or cans of beer in the fridge.

It adds up pretty quickly.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

If I were to average 3-4 beers a day.

ADD 2 BOTTLES OF WATER A SPECIALTY COFFEE AND A FRESH JUICE

And my other half averaged 1-2 beers and maybe 2-4 cocktails a day

ADD 2 BOTTLES OF WATER A SPECIALTY COFFEEE AND A FRESH JUICE

MAYBE ONE OR TWO SOFT DRINKS (SODA-POP)

-----------------------------------

I always get the DELUXE plan and my wife always gets the ROYAL REPLENISHMENT(n0n-alcohol)

We always come out ahead.

We always sail the Caribbean and always keep a few bottles of water or cans of beer in the fridge.

It adds up pretty quickly.

bosco

This is no longer allowed, in order to get the deluxe plan now, both adults in the stateroom must purchase it.

This is no longer allowed, in order to get the deluxe plan now, both adults in the stateroom must purchase it.

If you call in you can get one Deluxe and one Refreshment package. The second person must have at least refreshment. If has to be done over the phone you can NOT do it online.

Edited by Nemomof3
add info

If you call in you can get one Deluxe and one Refreshment package. The second person must have at least refreshment. If has to be done over the phone you can NOT do it online.

Correct.

And it always works out for us. We are Diamond and if my wife wants a little booster in her frozen drink (rare but it does happen. LOL) she will take advantage of the nightly 3 drink perk.

bosco