Getting from PE to West Palm Beach Airport

CruisersTimesThree

Flights opened up yesterday for our return trip back to Long Island after our Silhouette cruise in March. Flights back were terrible timewise, pricewise and stopover times. I finally decided on a 10:15 flight out of FLL but now am fretting about actually making it even though we are in a suite and would probably be able to disembark by 7:30am. Plus with a stopover it will take 6 1/2 hours to get home.

I just checked Palm Beach airport and there is the perfect flight, non-stop 2 1/2 hours and leaves at 3pm.

Just googled and found out its 45 mins between the port and PBI.

What would be the best way to get there? Is there any service outside the cruiseport that would take people to Palm Beach? Any idea of cost?

Flying Southwest, so I believe I can change flights free of charge.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Taxi will be pricey at about $100+ - UberX (good for 2-3) will be cheaper (about $55). You can check with Go Airport for shared shuttle service. Larry's Limos is often suggested - prices will vary with the stretch of the limo. ;)

Another option is a $15 cab to the Tri-Rail station, then an under $5 train ride and a free shuttle from the WP station to PBI airport. Cheap, but not fast. http://www.tri-rail.com

You can easily rent a car from FLL for the minimum twenty four hour period and then drop it off at PBI a few hours later. Years ago I did the same scenario with my two cousins at the conclusion of our Carnival Liberty cruise from Miami in March 2011. We picked up the rental around 9:00AM from the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center and returned it at PBI at 2:00PM for our 4:00PM flight to Newark, New Jersey.