guaranteed mini suite

athenagirl

Thank you everyone for your suggestions, much appreciated. I just called Princess again and spoke to a very nice lady who was able to reassign us to C217, thank you geoherb for checking. We have booked guarantees before and were usually assigned to mid ship but I don't think I'll take that chance again. Now we're really looking forward to our trip!!:D

Glad you got it taken care of.

They should have never told you to wait until check in.

I have never heard anyone comment here or anywhere else that they were told that.

I seriously doubt they would have accommodated you at check in.

There is a signed glued to the passenger services desk saying "Coral Princess is sailing full".

Actually I have seen one glued to the PSD on every cruise we have been on. :rolleyes:

Thrak

How far aft on Caribe Deck do you get the vibrations? On a Grand cruise next year, we have a Caribe balcony booked that just forward of the rear elevator bank.

Thx

Mary

We have sailed the Coral many times.

We have sailed in mini suites on both Caribe and Dolphin deck in the 700's.

We have never experienced excessive vibration in those locations.

Of course when the ship is docking and they use the thrusters there will be vibration regardless.

We have found this to be true on any Princess ship that we have sailed on. FWIW

We have sailed the Coral many times.

We have sailed in mini suites on both Caribe and Dolphin deck in the 700's.

We have never experienced excessive vibration in those locations.

Of course when the ship is docking and they use the thrusters there will be vibration regardless.

We have found this to be true on any Princess ship that we have sailed on. FWIW

we're in the mid-600's; we should be fine. thanks for the help!

Mary

The whole point of the "Guarantee Cabin" system is to allow people to get cheaper rates on a grade but you are foregoing choice.

On some cruise lines that is true, but on Princess the GTY price is exactly the same if you booked a specific cabin of that type and category. In other words, for example, a BC balcony costs the same as a GTY or with selecting a cabin.

Sometimes, though, guarantees are all that are offered in a specific category. For our last cruise, we took a Cat. BF guarantee. There weren't any to pick at the time I booked it. We ended up getting a slight upgrade to a Cat. BB. For our cruise next week, I booked the lowest category of inside and ended up getting lucky to be upgraded to a better one. We still would have had a great time even at the bow of the ship instead of closer to the middle. The motion doesn't bother us.

The only time I've lost at playing the guarantee game was when we were upgraded from an obstructed ocean view to the tiniest possible ocean view cabin on the Caribbean Princess (P201). It was so tiny that there was room for just one night stand and one side of the bed was pushed up against the wall. It did have a port hole, but it's so recessed that we probably would have had a better view in an Emerald Deck cabin with a life boat in front of it.