What happens to OBC and FCD (FCC?) if I cancel the cruise?

SandG

On our last Princess cruise, I purchased a Future Cruise Deposit which shows up in my account as a Future Cruise Credit that I must use by a year from now. (So I don't know whether to refer to it as FCD or FCC at this point :)). It includes OBC which is worth up to $150, depending on the length of the cruise I take,

In any case, I'm considering applying the credit to a cruise in Fall 2019, which I like, but only 50/50 on being able to follow through on it because of some other up-in-the-air plans for next year.

If I do apply it to that cruise but have to cancel, what happens to the cruise deposit and OBC that goes along with it? My experience from another cruise line is purchasing a specific cruise on-board, and if I cancel, the OBC perk I get from booking on-board will carry forward to whatever cruise that I book in its place, so I'm wondering if a similar thing happens with the Future Cruise Deposit? Or will the OBC be lost if I cancel?

The answer is help me decide if I should use the credit now, or wait on using it on a cruise that I'm more certain about.

Sue

If you book a cruise with a refundable deposit then the FCC with accompanying OBC will be put back in your account with the original expiration date for use again. If not used before expiration date, the cost is refunded to original credit card. This happened with us a few years ago.

I'm not sure about a cruise with a non-refundable deposit.

On our last Princess cruise, I purchased a Future Cruise Deposit which shows up in my account as a Future Cruise Credit that I must use by a year from now. (So I don't know whether to refer to it as FCD or FCC at this point :)). It includes OBC which is worth up to $150, depending on the length of the cruise I take,

In any case, I'm considering applying the credit to a cruise in Fall 2019, which I like, but only 50/50 on being able to follow through on it because of some other up-in-the-air plans for next year.

If I do apply it to that cruise but have to cancel, what happens to the cruise deposit and OBC that goes along with it? My experience from another cruise line is purchasing a specific cruise on-board, and if I cancel, the OBC perk I get from booking on-board will carry forward to whatever cruise that I book in its place, so I'm wondering if a similar thing happens with the Future Cruise Deposit? Or will the OBC be lost if I cancel?

The answer is help me decide if I should use the credit now, or wait on using it on a cruise that I'm more certain about.

Sue

It's Future Cruise Deposit.

If you cancel the cruise the FCD goes back to your account.

The OBC disappears until you book a new cruise. No telling what the OBC will be on the new cruise since it's dependent on the cabin and length of the cruise.

You have 2 years to use a FCD and can get a 2 year extension (usually) if you ask for it. I not used at the end of the expiration date your $$ will be refunded to you.

On some cruise lines it's "use it or lose it" which not very nice. :mad:

OP here, I'm almost certain that I'd bought the Future Cruise Deposit with the understanding that would be refunded if not used by its expiration date. That's why I bought it - seemed like a no-brainer to get some extra OBC. So I'm not worried about losing the deposit, but I am hoping not to lose the OBC if I book a cruise I'm somewhat iffy on.

Sue

OP here, I'm almost certain that I'd bought the Future Cruise Deposit with the understanding that would be refunded if not used by its expiration date. That's why I bought it - seemed like a no-brainer to get some extra OBC. So I'm not worried about losing the deposit, but I am hoping not to lose the OBC if I book a cruise I'm somewhat iffy on.

Sue

If you book the same category cabin and the same cruise length (within the guidelines), you'll get the same OBC...so it depends.

Sue

You can't "lose" OBC if you never take the cruise as you don't have OBC at that point. What you have is potential OBC. When you cancel the cruise the FCD returns to your account to be used on a different cruise and, at that point, you have OBC. The amount depends on the type of cabin and the length of the cruise.

OBC From FCD

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

You can't "lose" OBC if you never take the cruise as you don't have OBC at that point. What you have is potential OBC. When you cancel the cruise the FCD returns to your account to be used on a different cruise and, at that point, you have OBC. The amount depends on the type of cabin and the length of the cruise.

OBC From FCD

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

Good point, of course I really have nothing to lose, which is why I'd decided to purchase the deposit. I should have said that I want to hang onto getting OBC on my next cruise, which was my purpose.

Thanks for the reminder on the OBC potential. As of now, I'm trying to decide between two similar itineraries that are 16 and 17 days long; it's interesting that my choice will also affect the OBC.

We will be purchasing a couple more each on our upcoming cruise. We had 4 each but have 3 cruises booked so that only leaves us on each available. That's not nearly enough for comfort. :) We have a cruise this November and then one in October of 2019 and another in November 2019. That's far too long between cruises so we will need to book something for Spring and that will use the one FCD we each have so we definitely need to buy more. I'll likely agitate for 3 more each to be on the safe side. :D

Sue

If you book a cruise with a NON REFUNDABLE deposit rule and use your FCD you will lose it if you cancel.

When you book make sure that the deposit required is fully refundable.

If you book a cruise with a NON REFUNDABLE deposit rule and use your FCD you will lose it if you cancel.

When you book make sure that the deposit required is fully refundable.

What if you are paid in full and have princess vacation protection and have to cancel. Does insurance cover the otherwise non-refundable deposit??

Just used our last FCD each today. Booked a 15 day connoisseur cruise tour to Alaska. That makes 4 cruises currently booked which demonstrates why one might need multiple FCDs. We will need to buy maybe 3 more each on our upcoming cruise in November. One can really never have too many.

Just used our last FCD each today. Booked a 15 day connoisseur cruise tour to Alaska. That makes 4 cruises currently booked which demonstrates why one might need multiple FCDs. We will need to buy maybe 3 more each on our upcoming cruise in November. One can really never have too many.

And just think of that time when you relayed to your bride you would not be caught on one. :loudcry: :rolleyes: :o