Toddlers in the Pool

We have just got off the Symphony this morning...a few days ago we were sat at the edge of one of the main pools when a boy aged about 6 years told his parents that he need a wee so was getting in the pool! Gross...obviously kids of all ages do this all the time but the parents just laughed and didn’t try to stop him so what chance do you have!

Obvious one there. But bet more Adults then kids, as there is more on board, Wee in the pools...

We've gone in the pool and hot tub on every cruise we've gone on, and have never gotten noro or any kind of stomach illness on any of our cruises.:confused:

Same here. But I also immediately rinse off in the Solarium shower afterwards not just before. Lots of chemicals and “stuff” in the pool and hot tubs.

~ Judy

I use pool frequently. Some hot tubs.

80+ cruises, no Noro.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I think the fear is not only Noro, but ecoli as well. I have had Noro once or twice onboard, and I never go in the pools or hot tubs. :)

It's hard to judge based on agr if a baby, toddler, or even child is potty trained. My son was fully potty trained at 20 months. My daughter just turned 1 and is about 90 trained. She is in dispers because she will pee if I miss her cues. But she hasn't pooped in a diaper in nearly 3 months. Meanwhile my friends 6 year old crapped his pants in the slide at Chick Fil A. Didn't tell anyone and kept playing. Only found out because his brother came out of the slide covered in poo.. so a seemingly young child could be trained and fully fine, whereas a seemingly trained kid is not.

Now I'm not condoning taking a non potty trained child into the pool. But I have, And will take my 1 year old into the splash area at least.

If I am allowed to take this thread off at a tangent. What is RCI's policy about breastfeeding a toddler in the pool?

The reason I am asking, is that a Stoke on Trent mother was literally feeding her child in the pool, at a local swimming pool, and has moaned to the press when she was asked to feed the child on the side of the pool.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/mums-breastfeeding-babies-water-swimming-13108163

umm, if ' no food or drink in the pool' is posted, that applies to EVERYONE.

besides, why would nursing mother run the risk of Baby ingesting chlorinated water while sucking on a teat?!