Curious about chair hogs and groups

dcruiser50

I've been on more than 16 cruises and really wonder why people are so intent on getting a lounger next to the pool and then never go in the pool? So what's up?

Why do people traveling in a group feel that they are entitled to comender whole sections of the ship like they charted it

Personally, I sometimes enjoy the atmosphere/music around the pool (especially if there is some live music going on), regardless of whether I intend going for a swim. Other times I'm happy to find a quiet place away from the pool deck.

Hey LrgPizza, nice response except I don't want to lay around the pool, was just curious why people complain about not being able to get a lounger next to the pool, plenty of places to sun on the ship. By the way I only eat octagon waffles

Hey LrgPizza, nice response except I don't want to lay around the pool, was just curious why people complain about not being able to get a lounger next to the pool, plenty of places to sun on the ship. By the way I only eat octagon waffles

:')

Ice cream cones are conical waffles!

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Ice cream cones are round waffles rolled into a cone shape. The waffle itself is round.

Completely relevant as you can eat an ice cream cone on a lounge chair by the pool.

Btw-have you ever wondered why people always seem to go off topic making comments about people going off topic?

I'll try to get this string back on topic (because that's what I do):

I wonder why some waffles are square while others are round.
It's because the waffle press for round waffles is round and the waffle press for square waffles is square. I saw them during a behind the scenes tour, so I know.

OP... I believe there are a lot of people who do not even know the "chair hog" discussion exists. They don't participate in online discussions. So they see that other people do it, and they do it too. They think it's OK to claim a chair and leave it unoccupied for their meal and other activities. The only way this stops is with more assertive signs and deck monitor enforcement.

Groups... no denying the herd. Once you know there is a group on your sailing you gotta figure out where they go and when and avoid them.

Waffles are best when Mickey shaped.

OP... I believe there are a lot of people who do not even know the "chair hog" discussion exists. They don't participate in online discussions. So they see that other people do it, and they do it too. They think it's OK to claim a chair and leave it unoccupied for their meal and other activities. The only way this stops is with more assertive signs and deck monitor enforcement.

Groups... no denying the herd. Once you know there is a group on your sailing you gotta figure out where they go and when and avoid them.

Waffles are best when Mickey shaped.

You are so right, here is a quote from a recent Bliss review: The pool deck was crowded and I did have to resort to reserving seats on my way to the gym in the morning.

I'm guessing she didn't think it was wrong, because others were doing it.

I've been on more than 16 cruises and really wonder why people are so intent on getting a lounger next to the pool and then never go in the pool? So what's up?

Why do people traveling in a group feel that they are entitled to comender whole sections of the ship like they charted it

I don't know what you mean by a "group", but my family always sits together. Whoever gets there first gets chairs for all of us. Want a seat? Get out of bed before 11am.

We never sit on the pool deck. Too many kids and parents that don't watch them. I love the deck above the pool. :-)

I have been on cruises where a large family sailing together that get up early, go to pool deck, take 4-6 tables and put them together. They then place all there belongings there and keep it like that all day while most of the seats stay empty most of the day. That is annoying.

I have been on cruises where a large family sailing together that get up early, go to pool deck, take 4-6 tables and put them together. They then place all there belongings there and keep it like that all day while most of the seats stay empty most of the day. That is annoying.

That would drive me crazy. I've set low expectations for my cruise. I will be lucky if I can find room in the hot tub and pool and if i can find a place to sit anywhere.