Review: Seaside Yacht Club August 25-September 1

Aldri_CA

Thank you SO Much for your excellent review! We are sailing in the YC in just 4 more weeks! It sounds so nice and relaxing! We have sailed in suites on RCCL also, and agree that they have just become too pricy, thus the reason we are trying MSC for our next cruise.

Great review...

For the Black Card free specialty restaurants -- did you entire family go?

We have 4 Black cards in the room -- do we all get one specialty restaurants? Or just the 1st two in the cabin....

Thanks for your great review of Seaside YC.

We've also sailed quite a bit with RC, and most recently with Celebrity, which we also love. We'll be on Seaside in the YC in January and can't wait. Also did the Diamond to Black status match. Always fun to try a new ship/line.

On Seaside in July I would say that was no formal High Tea as you might see on Cunard, Princess, or HAL. There were very nice light canapes and sweets. The bartender is always ready to prepare any beverage, whether it be teas/coffees/champagne/whatever. The butlers are all European trained, so they can do whatever you like. I am certain they could prepare a High Tea presentation. The seating in the Topsail Lounge is lounge type seating, so you will not be seated at a regular restaurant table.

Dennis

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

My sister and I were shocked and delighted at the wonderful high teas on Carnival Magic. Those macarrons!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last time we were on the seaside a lot of people said the tea was excellent. If I remember correctly tea was at 3:00.

4 more weeks for us and we can't wait!!

Celebrity does a great high tea as well, though it is not offered every day (and may have a charge, I can't recall).

Perhaps Seaside paused the formal high tea in the top sail lounge over the summer and will resume it again in September once kids are back in school and there are less families staying in the YC. I do remember reading reports of the formal high tea on Seaside somewhere on these boards.

Edited by Aldri_CA

Great review...

For the Black Card free specialty restaurants -- did you entire family go?

We have 4 Black cards in the room -- do we all get one specialty restaurants? Or just the 1st two in the cabin....

The whole family (6 of us) went, and we were all black cards staying in 3 different cabins. I can't imagine that if you are staying 4 black cards to a room that they would exclude you. Just tell them all 4 of you are black card when you are seated, and it shouldn't be a problem. Always safe to double check on board, though.

Thanks for your great review of Seaside YC.

We've also sailed quite a bit with RC, and most recently with Celebrity, which we also love. We'll be on Seaside in the YC in January and can't wait. Also did the Diamond to Black status match. Always fun to try a new ship/line.

You will love it! It will be different, but in a good way (in my opinion). I likened the Seaside to a bit more upbeat and international version of Celebrity, with an added bonus of the YC. I'm excited for you!

Thank you for this really comprehensive and in-depth review. Also, the Virgo in me loved how you organized, compartmentalized and laid out the review ... excellent!

We're in a similar situation to you, having achieved Diamond+ on Royal, and then having been taken aback by how much their fares were going up.

Last year, we tried MSC for the first time, cruising on the Divina in YC and really enjoyed it. And now, we're just a brief 2.5 months (after a long year's wait!) to our cruise in YC on the Seaside. Your review was spot on in touching on lots of the areas we were wondering about.

One quick question though ... can you remember, on embarkation day, about when your luggage was delivered to your cabin? That was one element on the Divina that we were a little disappointed in, and we're hoping that the Seaside experience will be a little more efficient.

Thanks again and nice to hear how much you enjoyed your cruise! :D

Thank you for this really comprehensive and in-depth review. Also, the Virgo in me loved how you organized, compartmentalized and laid out the review ... excellent!

We're in a similar situation to you, having achieved Diamond+ on Royal, and then having been taken aback by how much their fares were going up.

Last year, we tried MSC for the first time, cruising on the Divina in YC and really enjoyed it. And now, we're just a brief 2.5 months (after a long year's wait!) to our cruise in YC on the Seaside. Your review was spot on in touching on lots of the areas we were wondering about.

One quick question though ... can you remember, on embarkation day, about when your luggage was delivered to your cabin? That was one element on the Divina that we were a little disappointed in, and we're hoping that the Seaside experience will be a little more efficient.

Thanks again and nice to hear how much you enjoyed your cruise! :D

Thanks so much for your kind words! I just tried to write the kind of review I was looking for when doing my research.

Regarding the luggage... We boarded at around 12pm and our rooms were ready right away so we deposited our carry-ons and went off to explore the ship. Luggage arrived sometime between 12:30pm and 3;30pm (when we returned to the room to rest a bit and unpack before the muster).

Excellent Review. My husband and I are sailing for the second time in the yacht club at the end of the month. We truly enjoy the experience there.

We are doing 7-days on Sept 29. No YC but my friends highly recommend it. I did the Divina in January but I'm spoiled to Royal and Norwegian. I found that MSC service was not nearly as attentive and jovial as Royal or Carnival. Not bad, just different. I am sailing with MSC newbies on this cruise so we'll see.

Thanks for your balanced review. I'm looking forward to my first Yacht Club cruise in October. I cancelled my fall cruise on Celebrity and booked this instead. Do have the Black Card match. A Yacht Club suite for less than $2,000/pp vs. the $8,000 or so I was paying for a sky suite on Celebrity (including the single supplement, so approximately $4,000/pp). No brainer.

Great info - thank you. We're D+ on Royal and always do Grand Suites. I can't even find a GS available for fall 2019 :( so considering this might be the time to try YC. Appreciate you taking the time.
From another d+ cruiser on royal that loves crown lofts on royal, I did our first 14n on seaside this past july.

You will love the service and amenities that yc provides. YC deluxe rooms are smaller compared to royal grand suites and no bath tub. Although the shower is very spacious and very nice. Balcony is definitely smaller than royal gs.

If you are on seaside, the huge top sail lounge, YC restaurant and private pool deck will make up for the smaller cabin. The price cannot be beat. We sailed two weeks in a yc cabin for less than one week in a crown loft on royal.

Will we stop sailing royal? Of course not, we have a allure cruise coming up next month. But now it will take us a little longer getting to P status on royal as we will be cruising MSC also.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Loved the review and we are very much looking forward to our YC cruise in April 2019.

Just one question, what was the dress code at dinner like? Was there any nights that followed formal code?

We very much enjoy dressing up for dinner - my husband and sons in their suits and I in my long gowns - however I have the impression from other posts that this will be a little over the top and smart attire is the way to go rather than formal. This doesn't bother us one way or another but it would be good to know what clothes to bring as we are going to be trying to do this with carry on only this time.

Great info - thank you. We're D+ on Royal and always do Grand Suites. I can't even find a GS available for fall 2019 :( so considering this might be the time to try YC. Appreciate you taking the time.

I think my husband and I met you in the concierge lounge on one of our September FOS cruises in either 2014 or 15. We're trying MSC YC in January, Deluxe Suite, and with the Black Card match, the total price is $1984pp. (We've also done a few cruises with Celebrity in their suite class since our RC cruises, and really liked those a lot.) With all the buzz on the CC boards about Yacht Club, we're really excited to give it a try.

Thanks so much for your review .We learned so much about the YC from reading these posts .

We will be going to the MSC home page to learn more about the YC .We have been elite + with Celebrity /diamond with Royal Caribbean * MSC gives the same equal status we understand .Terrific:D