Late boarding

Pinkribbon0802

It may vary from port to port & ship to ship, but the last time we sailed, I think it was a little before 1pm & we never stood in a line. I felt like I was out of breath because we went all the way through without waiting. This was on Magic in Port Canaveral. We went straight to our cabin. Key cards were in the mailboxes.

First time sailing on Carnival is it true if we show up around 130 on embarkation day the wait shouldn't be to bad?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Hi

1 to 1:30 p.m. is good time to arrive to avoid crowds and waiting, and your cabin will typically be ready by the time you board.

have a great cruise

First time sailing on Carnival is it true if we show up around 130 on embarkation day the wait shouldn't be to bad?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Yes. This is always my plan and we never have a line. Walk right through..on board and straight to the room (which is open as of 130).

Just did the Legend last week and same results.

Have a great time

The only problem you may encounter when sailing out of Miami is if you plan to park at the port. The parking garages can get crazy crowded and you may have to park at a lot a garage further away from the ship - meaning dragging luggage to the ship. I've seen the garages almost at capacity at noon.

The Port of Miami is just much busier than the other ports I use - Pt. Canaveral, Tampa for example. I will be sailing on the Glory in October, but we are staying at a hotel that allows you to leave your vehicle in their lot for the cruise.

You know you will chose an arrival time right? You don't just show up anymore, you will have an arrival time on your boarding pass. You chose that in your Cruise Manager online. You can complete your online registration 90 days before you cruise. Since you said this is your first time on Carnival you may not know this - every line is different. Enjoy!

The only problem you may encounter when sailing out of Miami is if you plan to park at the port. The parking garages can get crazy crowded and you may have to park at a lot a garage further away from the ship - meaning dragging luggage to the ship. I've seen the garages almost at capacity at noon.

The Port of Miami is just much busier than the other ports I use - Pt. Canaveral, Tampa for example. I will be sailing on the Glory in October, but we are staying at a hotel that allows you to leave your vehicle in their lot for the cruise.

I would have thought that by noon everyone from previous voyage of that ship will be gone and garage not that crowded.

I would have thought that by noon everyone from previous voyage of that ship will be gone and garage not that crowded.

Does Miami have a different garage for each ship? We only sailed from Miami once and used the hotel shuttle' date=' but I thought there were [i']lots[/i] of ships/itineraries. I figured they all shared the same parking area, but maybe not.