Naples Tour; Which one to do?

Soupergirl

Can't say enough about this tour company, http://www.ItalyTours.EU especially since we used them in three ports. In Naples, we took their Pompeii, Sorrento & The Amalfi Coast tour. They will pick you up and return you to the port.

Birdtravels, we enjoyed Pompeii as well.

We did the Pompeii, Sorrento, and Positano tour through Joe Banana. It was a great day and we had a wonderful guide. I'd definitely recommend it. I'd also recommend heading over to the Naples board and asking there for recommendations as well.

Enjoy your cruise!

Don't take an NCL tour, go with a small group from your roll call. I highly, HIGHLY recommend All Around Italy with Fabrizio. We toured with them for all 3 Italian port stops. In Naples, we drove along the Amalfi Coast, stopped for an amazing lunch and then on to Pompeii (since it's on the way back to Naples). It's not only the more personal experience of a small group, but some of the streets cannot be navigated by one of those big tour buses (forget about going down the Amalfi Coast in one!)

We did Views of Naples & Culinary Excellence a couple of years ago; don't bother as it wasn't worth it especially the Culinary Excellence portion.

Ooh, I've been wanting to ask about the Views of Naples excursion: Is this really just riding around Naples on a bus and not getting off? Or are there spots where you can get off and get a closer look at things? 3 hours seems like a long time to just sit on a bus while it drives around the city....

Ooh, I've been wanting to ask about the Views of Naples excursion: Is this really just riding around Naples on a bus and not getting off?

The Culinary Excellence portion of the tour is abominable. They take you to a "shopping area" that is very flashy and you get an hour to look round. The time is at the very start of the shopping day so they are hardly set up. And very expensive.

On our Med cruise, Pompeii was the only tour we booked through NCL. We did the hike to the top of Vesuvius...Awesome! There's even a small shop at top that sells wine. Then we had a tour of Pompeii. We were back in Naples in time to have some fantastic pizza within walking distance. Wonderful day.

Ooh, I've been wanting to ask about the Views of Naples excursion: Is this really just riding around Naples on a bus and not getting off?

The Culinary Excellence portion of the tour is abominable. They take you to a "shopping area" that is very flashy and you get an hour to look round. The time is at the very start of the shopping day so they are hardly set up. And very expensive.

On my cruise, the "view of Naples" excursion doesn't have a "culinary excellence" component to it. (Which sounds like a plus, based on your review.) I guess I'll stick to my original plan and just explore Naples on my own. Thanks for the feedback!

I’ve been to Naples on 3 separate cruises and have always DIY by walking, bus, or train. We’ve spent hours in Pompeii on our first visit, wandered through the port and city the second time, and recently visited Herculaneum and had pizza at a couple of locations. All are not difficult to DIY with research.