Coffee in the Main Dining Room

dmlee1990

I'll be sailing Explorer of the Seas soon and am wondering if the Main Dining Room serves coffee brewed from fresh coffee beans or made from coffee syrup. I know a couple of other cruiselines use the coffee syrup. This will help me decide if I should purchase a coffee card. Thank you!

I'll be sailing Explorer of the Seas soon and am wondering if the Main Dining Room serves coffee brewed from fresh coffee beans or made from coffee syrup. I know a couple of other cruiselines use the coffee syrup. This will help me decide if I should purchase a coffee card. Thank you!

Royal Caribbean does not use coffee syrup, their coffee is brewed.

I suppose it is really a matter of taste. We find the MDR coffee perfectly fine. But we rarely buy foo foo coffees off the ship and don't want to stand in a line to spend money on it on a ship.

Seattle's Best is "foo foo" coffee? :')

Buy a can of Folgers dude, it's more your style.

Thanks for all of your responses! I'm just looking for good brewed coffee to go with my dessert in the MDR. :D:D Would only consider the coffee card if coffee made from syrup is served.

Coffee in MDR & Jammer is vile, viler than vile. Like watery brown gravy, no coffee taste at all. Really confused as to what " coffee made from syrup " is??? 😱😱😷Coffee comes from coffee beans, syrup comes from sugar😜

Coffee in MDR & Jammer is vile, viler than vile. Like watery brown gravy, no coffee taste at all. Really confused as to what " coffee made from syrup " is??? 😱😱😷Coffee comes from coffee beans, syrup comes from sugar😜

Another cruiseline that we've sailed used some sort of coffee syrup (concentrate?) to make their coffee in the main dining room. I'm fine with almost any coffee that is brewed from ground coffee beans.

I grind my beans and brew fresh coffee at home every morning. My first and last cups of the day are important and I would rather drink tea than bad coffee. The coffee in the dining room and the buffet is vile. I don't believe that it is fresh brewed I believe that they use a type of instant that flows through the urns. The coffee in the promenade is much better. For our trip in December on Allure we will be purchasing the coffee card. BTW on another line I actually brought 7 days worth of ground coffee beans and a one cup Melitta drip and had the dining room waiter bring me hot water so that I could brew my own coffee.