Please help me with this P&O error!

Augustus1#

Hi, feeling somewhat deflated today. I had decided today to book a cruise for next year and pre register for Iona. It's not an easy task to juggle the call and my toddler. I also ordered her a cake for this year's cruise. I was feeling on top of the world. Happy i have the cruising bug and loyal to p&o. So I book the cruises, pay deposits and smile. Then as I always check my figures i look at my bank account and it is pretty much empty. I panic, I really panic. How can this have happened? I phone p&o and ask was price per person deposit , thinking oh my what to tell the husband!!! More time on the phone with my toddler upset that mummy isn't playing. They tell me no madam the deposit was for all passengers just as I thought. I phone my bank and there it is P&O have taken my deposit 4 times!!!!! I cried. I phoned them up it can't be attempted to be resolved until Monday and then more time after. They will email guest relations for me? But I am upset and it's not good enough i have no access to money that's mine but in the air due to their error. I spent all afternoon with a distressed toddler trying to sort this . So please check your accounts and I sincerely hope this hasn't happened to anyone else. Also, who do I complain to and it would be nice if they compensated me . it's all good and well that they will email guest relations and I wait 28 days for a response but who can I approach? It has taken the shine off my day and so I have posted for advice . Thank you for listening..

Sorry, cannot understand how it is a P&O error?

It sounds like, you have made a booking for 4 people and offered your card details for the deposit.

One booking one deposit that is how it work

However P&O seem to be trying to help.

As far as compensation is concerned, based on what you have posted, pigs with wings comes to mind.

Sorry.

Thank you. In my opinion it is their error. They have taken the the deposit price for the booking four times instead of once. one deposit for one holiday is what should have happened. Due to their error i cannot access my money because it is not there.

Thank you. In my opinion it is their error. They have taken the the deposit price for the booking four times instead of once. one deposit for one holiday is what should have happened. Due to their error i cannot access my money because it is not there.

Can your bank not reverse the payment. I assume you used a debit card for the payment and can print off documentation from your booking confirmation to show what was deducted from your bank account and how i.e. was it say £200, £200, £200 plus £200 or one payment of four times the deposit amount aggregated? If there were clearly shown duplicated payments reversing three will be a lot easier.

If you discuss tis matter with your bank they may be able to resolve it and even contact P&O. P&O were not entitled to four times the deposit amount unless you wanted to pay a greater amount than the deposit e.g. some people pay off the whole cruise at time of booking. This decision is always consented to and known about P&O have a duty of candour.

Regards John

I am sorry this has happened to you and I’m sure you are in a state. I would be too!

Have you rang your bank / credit card provider - whoever you used for the deposits? May be worth a try and get some advice.

If I’ve read your post right, they should have taken 2 deposits - one for the Iona pre register and the other for the cruise for next year?

Something similar happened a while ago when payments were taken out twice (P&O, Princess & Cunard were affected), and this happened at a weekend. Wondered if anyone who was affected by this can offer any advice?

If not, you may have to wait until Monday and ring them again and insist on speaking to someone with some authority. They should pay any charges you incur as well as refunding you what they overcharged.

I hope you get this sorted soon. I feel for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for understanding. I know I rambled in my original post. That's exactly it. I phoned the bank and they gave me 4 authorisation codes. I had to phone P&O back and stay on hold until the finance team were contacted. They can only look at the matter from Monday. So I am upset as I only have permission for one amount to leave. It has been repeatedly requested by P&O four times leaving my balance lower than it should be.

I was one of those who had a deposit deducted twice in error for a 2018 cruise. Although the actual duplicate deposit never physically left my bank account it was deducted from the available balance for 2 working days before my available funds were restored to what they should have been all along.

Once the dust had settled I emailed customerservices@pocruises.com to explain what had happened and to politely suggest that some compensation would be appreciated. They agreed and we received an additional £100 on board credit which we were happy with.

I hope that this helps and that you can resolve this quickly.

All the best.

Damian

I was one of those who had a deposit deducted twice in error for a 2018 cruise. Although the actual duplicate deposit never physically left my bank account it was deducted from the available balance for 2 working days before my available funds were restored to what they should have been all along.

Once the dust had settled I emailed customerservices@pocruises.com to explain what had happened and to politely suggest that some compensation would be appreciated. They agreed and we received an additional £100 on board credit which we were happy with.

I hope that this helps and that you can resolve this quickly.

All the best.

Damian

We were also affected by double charging fiasco by Elavon but we were paying for a Princess cruise. Luckily and very unusually we had enough money in our bank account to cover the second charge so were not financially affected. We received an e-mail from Princess telling is to contact my bank and to phone and e-mail Elavon to confirm what had happened. My bank HSBC were excellent they said because I was disputing the charge they would replenish the amount taken until it was sorted and Elavon replied saying money would be returned withing 3 days and if any charges had been made to inform Princess. Not long after out of the blue received a phone call from Princess deeply apologetic had what had happened and for inconvenience caused would give us a free fully inclusive drinks package for the 2 of us for the 14nt cruise.We were amazed with response and value of drinks package was nearly £1400 which we gladly accepted.

We were also affected by double charging fiasco by Elavon but we were paying for a Princess cruise. Luckily and very unusually we had enough money in our bank account to cover the second charge so were not financially affected. We received an e-mail from Princess telling is to contact my bank and to phone and e-mail Elavon to confirm what had happened. My bank HSBC were excellent they said because I was disputing the charge they would replenish the amount taken until it was sorted and Elavon replied saying money would be returned withing 3 days and if any charges had been made to inform Princess. Not long after out of the blue received a phone call from Princess deeply apologetic had what had happened and for inconvenience caused would give us a free fully inclusive drinks package for the 2 of us for the 14nt cruise.We were amazed with response and value of drinks package was nearly £1400 which we gladly accepted.

Isn't it a refreshing change that a company can act like this even though by the sounds of it you didn't suffer a financial penalty through this. And to give a benefit on a cruise you had already booked as opposed to say a discount / additional OBC on a future cruise when they would have a good chance of profiting more than they give away is a good gesture.