The Dawn...Excellent

roger001

We've cruised many of the NCL ships, preferring the Jewel class. We also like the Sun. But we avoided the Dawn and Star because of no Spinnaker lounge and Great Outdoors. We had sailed the Star once before the Spinnaker was removed though.

Anyhow, wanted to cruise over to Bermuda and didn't want one of the mega ships. Settled for the Dawn. My opinion...wow..what a great ship. She is clean, nice attractive decor , well maintained, actually a very nice buffet set up I think. But mostly...what a great crew. I've never met an NCL crew that we didn't love. But I think the Dawn might have the best of them all. What a great group they were. And I especially want to single out all the bartenders and staff that work Gatsby's each evening. We were an SF suite and had breakfast in Modernos each morning. Again, super nice bunch of folks working that each morning.

Best week of cruising weather we've ever had. Sorry about the hurricane affecting this weeks cruise. We lucked out. Oh, Boston and exiting the ship. Wow! Never had it better and more quickly. Thanks Boston immigration for super service! Oh....guess me gaining 7 lbs in one week says the food was pretty good also.

We cruised the Dawn a couple of years ago and had an amazing cruise. Now, we have persuaded the family to have a family Christmas cruise with us - 15 in total, and Im so excited. The Dawn is a beautiful ship and its one of our favourites due to its size, services, etc.

Who was the concierge?

Roel. And... I might add, drifting, , we seldom go to the shows anymore. However, we did go see Elements. Wow! What a great production they have. Very elaborate, super set design, noise and visuals, and very talented cast.

We've cruised many of the NCL ships, preferring the Jewel class. We also like the Sun. But we avoided the Dawn and Star because of no Spinnaker lounge and Great Outdoors. We had sailed the Star once before the Spinnaker was removed though.

Anyhow, wanted to cruise over to Bermuda and didn't want one of the mega ships. Settled for the Dawn. My opinion...wow..what a great ship. She is clean, nice attractive decor , well maintained, actually a very nice buffet set up I think. But mostly...what a great crew. I've never met an NCL crew that we didn't love. But I think the Dawn might have the best of them all. What a great group they were. And I especially want to single out all the bartenders and staff that work Gatsby's each evening. We were an SF suite and had breakfast in Modernos each morning. Again, super nice bunch of folks working that each morning.

Best week of cruising weather we've ever had. Sorry about the hurricane affecting this weeks cruise. We lucked out. Oh, Boston and exiting the ship. Wow! Never had it better and more quickly. Thanks Boston immigration for super service! Oh....guess me gaining 7 lbs in one week says the food was pretty good also.

You said it even more enthusiastically than I did. We too were sorta leary (spelling) about sailing her. We had sailed her a few years ago and she was OK, but not great. Well, we did the Bermuda cruise in May out of Boston. Like you, everything was above just good from the minute we got to Boston. We spent 2 days there first. And as for Gatsby's, it became our home away from home. We are cruising with our foster daughter and a few of her friends on the Dawn in Feb. She wanted something a bit different from the Jewel class ships so we picked this one. We know she and her partner will love it.