Any thoughts on Rialto Hotel in Venice?

Moxiefurball

There are currently 2,437 reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor- more than you would get on this thread.

At first glance they are somewhat "mixed" so you should probably read some of them to help you decide if it is what you are looking for.

There are currently 2,437 reviews of this hotel on Tripadvisor- more than you would get on this thread.

At first glance they are somewhat "mixed" so you should probably read some of them to help you decide if it is what you are looking for.

Excellent post!!

There are a few ports, like Civitavecchia, that have a limited number of hotels, and a good number of cruisers who have experienced those hotels. Other ports, like Venice, have so many hotels to choose from that you might be lucky to find even one other cruiser who has stayed there, is a Cruise Critic member, and felt the urge to post a review.

There are a few ports, like Civitavecchia, that have a limited number of hotels, and a good number of cruisers who have experienced those hotels. Other ports, like Venice, have so many hotels to choose from that you might be lucky to find even one other cruiser who has stayed there, is a Cruise Critic member, and felt the urge to post a review.

Unfortunately I have found many critics on this board that are almost annoyed that someone “dares” to ask a question without getting , answers like “this has already been asked”go to trip advisor etc Lisa mc if I am lucky to get a previous Rialto hotel customer then great. Since it’s right at Rialto bridge I was thinking maybe someone had been there, but a lecture from other members is just not helpful. What are these boards for if not to ask and possibly get an answer?

Unfortunately I have found many critics on this board that are almost annoyed that someone “dares” to ask a question without getting , answers like “this has already been asked”go to trip advisor etc Lisa mc if I am lucky to get a previous Rialto hotel customer then great. Since it’s right at Rialto bridge I was thinking maybe someone had been there, but a lecture from other members is just not helpful. What are these boards for if not to ask and possibly get an answer?

It may not always come across right, but I suspect most regular posters just want to help direct you to a place where you can get answers to your questions. Some posters don't like it when they post and don't get any responses...

When good discussions have occurred in the recent past, I think it's good to point them out to others since the same participants may not come back to post every time the question is asked again.

.....then again there are those of us who probably bug others to death by posting relatively the same answers to the same question time after time. ;p

It may not always come across right, but I suspect most regular posters just want to help direct you to a place where you can get answers to your questions. Some posters don't like it when they post and don't get any responses...

When good discussions have occurred in the recent past, I think it's good to point them out to others since the same participants may not come back to post every time the question is asked again.

.....then again there are those of us who probably bug others to death by posting relatively the same answers to the same question time after time. ;p

YES , In a board such as this it is helpful if other cruise critic members refer you to a previous link of threads that may answer the question , but only if its from cruise critic.

However, If I wanted Trip advisor reviews or Rick Steves reviews I would go straight there.

And with all due respect, many of us, doe not spend our life on these boards, and have a major trip coming up so we come back to the boards, we ask a question, and even if its been asked before, I never think it is appropriate or helpful from those members who are apparently on these boards all the time to criticize or to even get annoyed. Annoyed for what? if you're annoyed , dont respond. Simple as that.

Stayed there many years ago. Great location, small rooms, okay hotel. Each floor on multiple levels so up/down stairs with luggage

Thank you for your response.

My understanding was that there is an elevator. Are there still many steps to drag luggage even with elevator.?

Venice poses some luggage transportation challenges. I know that others who replied to your August thread suggested leaving your larger luggage in luggage storage leaving you with only a lighter carry-on bag for your short time in Venice. It is an easy alternative to "dragging your luggage around" and gives you more flexibility with hotel selection, and "stairs at the Rialto Hotel" should no longer be a potential issue.

In respect of previous posts, I feel some clarification is needed.

I do think you are being a little unfair to those who had the time, inclination and were kind enough to try to help you with your question.

As not everyone knows about Tripadvisor I suggested you try there. I also mentioned the number of reviews, also that my quick glance at the coloured charts had indicated “mixed” reviews and suggested you read a little. My reply had not therefore been a somewhat dismissive “ Go to Tripadvisor”. It indicated that I had looked on your behalf to get you the most information to make an informed decision. You chose to say the following in response:

QUOTE. Unfortunately I have found many critics on this board that are almost annoyed that someone “dares” to ask a question without getting , answers like “this has already been asked” go to trip advisor etc

When Lisiamac kindly took time to reply in post #5, that the chances of you getting enough replies to help you make an informed decision was very low, you responded with this QUOTE but a lecture from other members is just not helpful. What are these boards for if not to ask and possibly get an answer?

Moreover, even slimmer was the chance of you getting replies from anyone who stayed there in the most recent two or three months as info from several years ago may not be relevant now. Hotels, just like restaurants, can undergo changes with new management or owners, investment, renovation. Quality can go up, but it can also go down. It is also important to know if (as an example) there is long term construction nearby, or if the hotel is undergoing refurbishment whilst still open as either scenario can cause nuisance noise and/or disruption. Up-to-date reviews can highlight any such problems.

Quote, In a board such as this it is helpful if other cruise critic members refer you to a previous link of threads that may answer the question , but only if its from cruise critic. End Quote

Apparently you were actually expecting other members with the time and inclination to search the boards on your behalf for threads relating to your question.You could easily do this yourself (see below) As it happens, BEFORE referring you to Tripadvisor, I did indeed quickly search the boards for any threads with the words RIALTO and HOTEL in them. I found these two, neither of which I thought was helpful, so did not mention them in my reply, instead referring you to Tripadvisor.

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2639780&highlight=rialto+hotel

and of course your own (other) previous thread in August on the subject:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2667863&highlight=rialto+hotel

I did not actually expect to get this in response:

I never think it is appropriate or helpful from those members who are apparently on these boards all the time to criticize or to even get annoyed. Annoyed for what? if you're annoyed , dont respond. Simple as that. END QUOTE

Perhaps the same criteria should apply to those who asked the question initially.

To avoid any future “misunderstandings” could I (politely) suggest that you if you are not familiar with the SEARCH facilities on the boards, that you learn to use them? So quick and easy to learn and one of the most useful tools on these boards. You will wonder how you ever managed without it.

Whenever you open a forum wherever in the world it may be, just to the right side you will see the words SEARCH THIS FORUM. Clicking that opens up a search box into which you can insert key words (in this case as an example the words Rialto Hotel) All previous threads containing these words will appear in the results and you can read them at leisure. You can also use the ADVANCED SEARCH if that would expand or narrow the results.

As some threads can run to several hundreds of posts over multiple pages, once you open one of these larger threads, again, look to your right and this time use the SEARCH THREAD box.

The same principal applies to forums (such as cruiselines) should you want to look for info on something relating to your chosen cruise line.

Edited by edinburgher

Edinburger

You took tremendous time to lecture me regarding what you think others should do on these cruise boards and how “kind “others were to point out that I shouldnt expect any answers ( ie lisamc) but while the “ elite” members try to intimidate others who don’t live on these boards , I will not be intimidated and will continue to ask questions .

Edinburger

You took tremendous time to lecture me regarding what you think others should do on these cruise boards and how “kind “others were to point out that I shouldnt expect any answers ( ie lisamc) but while the “ elite” members try to intimidate others who don’t live on these boards , I will not be intimidated and will continue to ask questions .

Apparently you are seeing something no one else is....

You may find the "elite" members are the ones who hang around here answering question after question, as accurately as we can, year after year, sharing our love for this area by helping others. Very little snark here, compared with similar forums on other sites. Sorry you can't see it. Hope you enjoy your trip and will come back and contribute as well.