Has anyone CRAB SHACKED lately?

UAL_FlyGal

We're doing 19 days on Coral in November. My wife loves crab, mussels, etc. I am not a fan. I believe the Crab Shack kind of shares space with HC - is that correct? If so, can I eat "normal" food from the buffet while my wife eats crab and such?

It appears to still be popular. On Island Princess in May it was fully booked in advance--but the prominent display ad in that day's Princess Patter led a lot of people to believe they could just walk in. I felt sorry for the man at the door that night.

Been a while for me too; I had it on Ruby Princess back when the price was $19. Would I pay the current $29 for the same meal? Probably not--especially on an Alaska cruise where much fresher crab can be had for just a bit more.

We're doing 19 days on Coral in November. My wife loves crab, mussels, etc. I am not a fan. I believe the Crab Shack kind of shares space with HC - is that correct? If so, can I eat "normal" food from the buffet while my wife eats crab and such?

We have seen people do that in the past! Would think it was still aloud.

No problem, Thrak. My GF abhors seafood and I love King Crab. We were seated (without a reservation towards the end of the evening) near the doorway adjacent to the HC. She went to the HC and I cracked crab. No problem with the staff.

No problem, Thrak. My GF abhors seafood and I love King Crab. We were seated (without a reservation towards the end of the evening) near the doorway adjacent to the HC. She went to the HC and I cracked crab. No problem with the staff.

Many thanks. I "thought" that would be the case but wasn't sure. I'll see if she wants to do the Crab Shack thing while on the upcoming cruise.

We did the Crab Shack on the Ruby Princess last year. We were not impressed. The food was OK but, certainly, not special. The wine choices were terrible. The service was appalling. So, we are one and done.

Believe it or not, for "SeaFoodies," I am going to offer this suggestion: Crown Grill. The Mussel Pot and the Chilean Sea Bass entrees are both excellent choices. Also, they have some very good shellfish appetizers, and I really like the Shrimp Bisque. The Crown Grill white wine list is adequate but not inspired. So, if wine is really important, you might consider bringing your own.

Bon Appetit.

My wife and I did the crab shack in November 2016 and while the food was very good, the portions are too large for us to do anymore. We were both so miserable after dinner all we could do was walk the decks for hours ......can't eat like that now. Anymore we share most meals (if not cruising) or we pay a high price.