Back to Back Check-in problems

steve ch

This is my first B2B and I'm having problems with check-in for the second leg.

I've printed off the Xpress pass for the first leg and put all the same information into Check-in for the second. However, when I try to print the Xpress pass for that, I get the message:

"You may be unable to print your Xpress Pass if we are missing some important information or until your reservation is paid in full. If you feel that you have received this message in error please contact your Travel Agent or call Customer Service at 1-877-200-2897."

A couple of possibilities occur to me.

First, this may just be a Celebrity website glitch, hard to believe, I know.

Second, and this is where someone may be able to help, do I even need an Xpress pass for the second leg? I assume that the procedure will be different to normal check-in.

Any advice, based on experience?

Check to see if you have entered all the information for this cruise . What you entered for the first leg does not count. It is as if there was no first cruise .

I have checked (and double checked). The information is all the same as it is for the first leg. It says I have completed 100% of the check-in process, but gives me the message I quoted when I try to print it.

What I need to know is, do I go off the ship and join the check-in queue for the second leg, or is there a short cut procedure for B2Bers?

I’ve done many B2Bs, B2B2Bs etc. and I’ve always only checked in for the 1st segment. That gets you on board and after that the ship has your details. There has never been a need to check in again for the second leg or show another Xpress pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have checked (and double checked). The information is all the same as it is for the first leg. It says I have completed 100% of the check-in process, but gives me the message I quoted when I try to print it.

What I need to know is, do I go off the ship and join the check-in queue for the second leg, or is there a short cut procedure for B2Bers?

As far as i am aware all the b2b passengers are taken off as a single group and then taken back on with your new cruise cards.

You don't need the second Xpress pass. You won't be joining a new queue for checking in for the second cruise.

On the ship, you'll indicate that you are a consecutive cruiser. If in the US, you'll join the other consecutive cruisers who will exit the ship together, show their passports to the Immigration officer, and re-enter the ship together.

The procedure varies while out of the US, but you still won't have to join the check-in queue of passengers just arriving for the ship. You might not even have to leave the ship.

You will get an in-transit pass to use if you choose to go to town on the turnaround day. The pass allows you to by=pass the check in queue.

You don't need the second Xpress pass. You won't be joining a new queue for checking in for the second cruise.

On the ship, you'll indicate that you are a consecutive cruiser. If in the US, you'll join the other consecutive cruisers who will exit the ship together, show their passports to the Immigration officer, and re-enter the ship together.

The procedure varies while out of the US, but you still won't have to join the check-in queue of passengers just arriving for the ship. You might not even have to leave the ship.

You will get an in-transit pass to use if you choose to go to town on the turnaround day. The pass allows you to by=pass the check in queue.

Thanks to all.

It's 60 days 'til the second leg, so well within check-in time, and I HAVE checked in. The website just won't let me print the pass.

We'll be in Sydney, so I plan to pop across to the Opera House on changeover day. It's good to know I shoiuldn't have a problem with that.

I've emailed Celebrity for their take on why I can't print the second Xpress pass, but I won't hold my breath for a response.

I have had the same problem in the past. It isn’t really required or needed for the second leg. If you are staying in the same cabin luggage’s tags aren’t either. I still like to have them. And if I have to change cabins I put them on just to be safe and have piece of mind that the luggage will make it to the correct cabin.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks to all.

It's 60 days 'til the second leg, so well within check-in time, and I HAVE checked in. The website just won't let me print the pass.

We'll be in Sydney, so I plan to pop across to the Opera House on changeover day. It's good to know I shoiuldn't have a problem with that.

I've emailed Celebrity for their take on why I can't print the second Xpress pass, but I won't hold my breath for a response.

Each country has their own rule for B2B . Maybe someone who has done this in Australia can help. I have done it in Spain and it is different from the US

Call your travel agent and make sure that the final payment and / or deposits were made to both cruises, in my case B2B in the Silhouette I had the problem at the beginning that the two deposits were credited to the first cruise and the second was canceled :mad:, fortunately I realized and I was able to recover my cabin. We are in the same cabin on both legs.:D

Thanks to all.

We have done back to back and had to change rooms. We are on the October 29th b2b Nov. 8 cruise staying in same room. Starting in Sydney early Oct.25 to see that area and enjoy the ship when b2 b starts for NZ. They give you that move morning to go to a lounge and get new cards, they move your hanging closet clothes and suitcases packed with everything else that day. Hope it helps.

We have done back to back and had to change rooms. We are on the October 29th b2b Nov. 8 cruise staying in same room. Starting in Sydney early Oct.25 to see that area and enjoy the ship when b2 b starts for NZ. They give you that move morning to go to a lounge and get new cards, they move your hanging closet clothes and suitcases packed with everything else that day. Hope it helps.

Sounds like we'll see you in the lounge. There are a lot of B2Bers on that sailing.

We're in the same room on both legs, so hopefully it should be straightforward (plain sailing! ;))

Our last B2B this summer on Millie also included a meeting the last day of the first sailing. At the meeting, the staff shared what to expect and had a Q & A.

We especially enjoyed the raffel..... Won a free dinner for 2 at the speciality resturant of our choice.

We did have luggage tags and Express Pass from home.