Current internet pkg on Emerald Princess as Elite perk

Adventures ahead

PrincessCONNECT, with Social, Surf and Premium packages with unlimited access, is currently being offered on the Emerald Princess.

Can anyone tell me what Elite passengers are being offered on the Emerald as their loyalty perk?

Are any of the above packages included, or only for an additional (perhaps discounted) price?

Do you still have the option of X-number of minutes as your loyalty perk, based on the length of your cruise?

From what I’ve read on numerous social media sites is that where available, the Elite perk is the unlimited Internet.

I read a number times on this board questions regarding this elite benefit and if it is now unlimited. Doesn't the benefit begin at the platinum level with no change when you move to elite?

I have also read that the unlimited benefit is temporary, soon to be eliminated, and the benefit will return to minutes. We are booked on the Emerald for February. The cruise personlizer is showing both the unlimited plans as well as the "by-the-minute" plans for sale. Leads me to believe the Captain's Circle benefit will not be the PrincessCONNECT plans. Guess I'll find out in February.

In all the reading in Cruise Critic and on the Princess site I have come to understand that the unlimited internet was given to make up for the mess that was created when the Ocean Medallion didn't work when first installed.

This benefit is going to be eliminated in the near future and the new unlimited packages will be available for a price.

In addition to the new packages the following benefits will be available for both Platinum $ Elite:

Complimentary Internet Credit

Each Platinum Princess Cruises Captain’s Circle member will receive a complimentary Internet credit to be used either on the computers in our Internet Cafés or wireless Internet on the passenger’s personal wireless device. The amount of complimentary Internet is determined by the length of the sailing.

• Voyages 7 days or less, 150 minutes
  • Voyages 8-20 days, 250 minutes
  • Voyages 21+ days, 500 minutes

As a Platinum Captain’s Circle Member you will be recognized as such when you initially log on to the Internet onboard. Upon the initial log on you will see a screen which shows you how many complimentary minutes you are eligible to receive. In addition, you will have the opportunity to select more minutes at the available rates. This offer is only available at the time of the initial log on.

Only usage exceeding the allotted amounts will be charged to your onboard folio. The Internet activation fee of $3.95 is waived for Platinum and Elite Princess Captain’s Circle Members.

We sailed this summer in Alaska (Platinum level) on Golden Princess and we each got 150 minutes of free (slow) internet. We just each logged in separately on our phones and accepted the 150 minutes free. I first thought we had to share the 150 minutes but then we realized that we each have Platinum status.

We’re on the Emerald next June so we’re hoping it has better internet. But it’s not a huge deal for us, we also like being disconnected most of the time on a cruise.

From what I’ve read on numerous social media sites is that where available, the Elite perk is the unlimited Internet.

What I have read on Cruise Critic posts is that the platinum/elite perk is still minutes, but there is an option to purchase an unlimited package. So far no one has posted the cost of that option or for which unlimited package it would apply.

Found this posted on another thread for you:

On a December, 2018 cruise on the Emerald, both minute plans and unlimited plans are being offered.

Pricing is for 15 days. Platinum/Elite will still get the allowed number of minutes with (as some have posted on other threads) an option to pay to switch to an unlimited package. No details have been posted on what the cost of such a switch would be or for which package.

Internet Access - Purchase Pre-Cruise and Save!

PrincessCONNECT — Premium Package $199.99

From e-mail to streaming, enjoy truly premium, unlimited access! Original price: $234.99 USD

PrincessCONNECT — Surf Package $139.99

Surf your favorite sites from e-mail, news, sports and more.* Original price: $169.99 USD

PrincessCONNECT — Social Package $99.99

Unlimited access to the most popular social websites and applications.* Original price: $119.99 USD

Internet Access - 120 Minutes $69.00

This package includes 100 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 20 bonus minutes.

Internet Access - 240 minutes $99.00

This package includes 200 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 40 bonus minutes.

Internet Access - 460 minutes $159.00

This package includes 400 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 60 bonus minutes.

Internet Access - 680 minutes $199.00

This package includes 600 minutes for the purchased plan and an additional 80 bonus minutes.

All Internet usage subject to Princess Cruises' standard policies, which may limit browsing of sites due to network security and bandwidth usage. Applications that use high bandwidth may be blocked and offerings subject to change.

*May not allow for audio/video calling and streaming.

The unlimited internet is NOT an Elite perk.

That was done away with years ago.

It is Platinum/Elite free minutes depending on the length of the cruise.

There have been some unlimited packages available for purchase.

As stated above some ships offering free unlimited internet temporarily due to Medallion installation issues. We had this on the CB 2 weeks ago while they finished implementing the Medallions.

I just got off the Emerald yesterday.

The standard 150 minutes free internet was offered, as well as the usual additional minutes (In my case I bought 200 additional for 40.00 - interestingly, they only charged 32).

The 3 unlimited packages were available with a discount, but I don't remember the amount.

My concern with the surf package was the limit on the bytes. To be honest, I don't have a good grasp on what that meant in terms of what I do.

I just got off the Emerald yesterday.

The standard 150 minutes free internet was offered, as well as the usual additional minutes (In my case I bought 200 additional for 40.00 - interestingly, they only charged 32).

The 3 unlimited packages were available with a discount, but I don't remember the amount.

My concern with the surf package was the limit on the bytes. To be honest, I don't have a good grasp on what that meant in terms of what I do.

"Limit on bytes does" not equal in my mind to be an "unlimited" package.

So far nobody has been able to post what the package discounts are for those with platinum/suite minutes. So it is has been impossible to compare that discount to the pre-cruise discount price for everybody.

• 2 months later...

On 9/11/2018 at 2:39 AM, caribill said:

[snip]

So far nobody has been able to post what the package discounts are for those with platinum/suite minutes. So it is has been impossible to compare that discount to the pre-cruise discount price for everybody.

Apologies for resurrecting this older thread but I was hoping that now that the Emerald has sailed a few more times that someone might now be able to offer a definitive answer as to what the pricing is to upgrade from the Platinum/Elite free minutes to the various PrincessCONNECT packages.

Anyone?

On 9/9/2018 at 2:14 PM, Adventures ahead said:

PrincessCONNECT, with Social, Surf and Premium packages with unlimited access, is currently being offered on the Emerald Princess.

Can anyone tell me what Elite passengers are being offered on the Emerald as their loyalty perk?

Are any of the above packages included, or only for an additional (perhaps discounted) price?

Do you still have the option of X-number of minutes as your loyalty perk, based on the length of your cruise?

Hi

Going on Emerald in a few weeks..Have free minutes but my daughter needs more...I have got her the 'surf' package but wondering if I should go for the premium?...Assigments for Uni  Snap chat and Instagram a must ...Will Surf package cover these please?....:-)

4 hours ago, Croptop said:

Apologies for resurrecting this older thread but I was hoping that now that the Emerald has sailed a few more times that someone might now be able to offer a definitive answer as to what the pricing is to upgrade from the Platinum/Elite free minutes to the various PrincessCONNECT packages.

Anyone?

I believe I can help you out.  We just completed the 28 day Hawaii - Polynesia cruise.  We received the standard 500 minutes of internet services allocated to each of us for this length of cruise.  The ship (Emerald Princess) did not indicate whether they were of a particular level of service.  Having said that, I was able to pull my emails, get some into social media sites and other commercial sites with little problem other than latency issues that come with all shipboard internet connections.  I hope this helps a bit.

I was informed that in lieu of "free" limited number of minutes for elites, one can purchase a premium unlimited package for the price of a social package.  I was also informed that this must be done on board the ship, and the person to whom I was speaking was unable to quote me a price.  I will be sailing on the Coral (which also offers unlimited internet packages) in December.

On 9/9/2018 at 9:14 AM, Adventures ahead said:

I am on the Emerald in August and I only see minutes being offered. Anyone know why? Don't understand why it's being offered now but not then..