Bev Package ... cheaper pre purchased then on ship purchase?

travelphish

Normally price is the same however there are occasionally “flash” sales that offer a discount pre-cruise. These are short sales 3-5 days & not for every cruise. In 22 cruises on X I have never received a email on a flash sale. Check your Cruise Planner, and keep up with your Roll Call as that’s how I have heard of them & taken advantage of a few when I didn’t have a beverage package as a perk.

If you are cruising in Europe you may have to pay a VAT on the beverage package. I that situation it is cheaper to purchase prior to boarding.

and apparently that situation is when your cruise only stops in EU ports. Apparently if you stop in one non-EU port they don't have to collect the VAT the entire cruise.

We have also heard of discounts when buying the package onboard. We negotiated an upgrade from Classic to Premium on our second day of a 14 night and got a small discount (in the form of their charging it as 11 nights instead of 13). We had heard about discounts from others on these boards but the first day when we asked the waiter laughed and said no discounts. We buddied up to the servers in the Martini Bar and were able to negotiate the discount the second night.

I am cruising in less than a month and currently in my cruise planner I have a buy one get one 50% off of the Classic or Premium beverage package. Not sure if it pops up as the cruise gets closer or not.

The offer has been there for the past couple of weeks.

I am cruising in less than a month and currently in my cruise planner I have a buy one get one 50% off of the Classic or Premium beverage package. Not sure if it pops up as the cruise gets closer or not.

The offer has been there for the past couple of weeks.

That is great offer, but for some reason I didn't see it . Can you please send me a link for it lana_68atyahoodotcom

If you are cruising in Europe you may have to pay a VAT on the beverage package. I that situation it is cheaper to purchase prior to boarding.

Good point! Also beware of state sales tax, if you purchase the bev. package while the ship is still in a US departure port.

The buy one get one 50% off is usually cruise specific. I have received this notice for Transatlantics. No discounts onboard our TA this past April. Have had package as a perk on my other cruises so not aware of discounts onboard these sailings

So just a saving of 25% for both packages, but the deal seems a lot better.