Box wine not allowed by HAL?

Tarheel72

I have read several posts about box wine but the 2018 Know Before You Go pages on HAL's website have this statement: "Guests are not allowed to bring beer, boxed wine, or other liquors and spirits onboard." Is this new? Has anyone had success boarding with a box wine this year? My wife likes them and was planning on taking that instead of a bottle. Now not so sure if she can do that. Thanks

I have read several posts about box wine but the 2018 Know Before You Go pages on HAL's website have this statement: "Guests are not allowed to bring beer, boxed wine, or other liquors and spirits onboard." Is this new? Has anyone had success boarding with a box wine this year? My wife likes them and was planning on taking that instead of a bottle. Now not so sure if she can do that. Thanks

Box wine has t typ been allowed on several lines. As it’s typ larger qty than you allowed to bring onboard and some folks have swapped the the wine for Liquor

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Boxed wine was allowed a few years ago, but since then it has been the 750 ml bottles only of wine.

I think it may have changed around the time when the unlimited wine was ceased and the corkage fee instated but I don't want to swear to that ;)

thanks everyone. I wasn't aware of it and there are quite a number of posts about taking box wine aboard ships. I did not realize HAL did not allow it and thought it might be a new rule or one that was not enforced. Guess she will have to make other arrangements. Consider the thread closed.

thanks everyone. I wasn't aware of it and there are quite a number of posts about taking box wine aboard ships. I did not realize HAL did not allow it and thought it might be a new rule or one that was not enforced. Guess she will have to make other arrangements. Consider the thread closed.

Nothing wrong with asking questions.

I'm not saying that boxed wine is inferior but I wouldn't expect that Silversea's typical clientel would be drinking wine out of a box... :)

That was sort of the point of the ellipsis. Also, your beverages were included, so they could probably care less.