Another Elite Laundry Question - Sorry!

mringenoldus

Sometimes the steward does not turn laundry in early enough in the morning to meet that morning's deadline. Since I normally bathe and change in the evening before dinner, I normally leave my laundry on my bed for the steward when I go to dinner. Then it definitely is turned in before the deadline the next morning.

In your case, I see no reason to hold your laundry until Sunday morning - turn it in on Saturday evening. It may make a day's difference in when you get it back.

We were on a cruise with relatively few elites and lots of blue cards. Laundry turn around was generally 24 hours--if we put it on the bed at night, it would come back the next night. If I put it out in the morning, it came back the next morning.

Yes, I've read about cruises that took 2-3 days. We have not experienced that.

We were on a cruise with relatively few elites and lots of blue cards. Laundry turn around was generally 24 hours--if we put it on the bed at night' date=' it would come back the next night. If I put it out in the morning, it came back the next morning.

Yes, I've read about cruises that took 2-3 days. We have not experienced that.[/quote']

I just got off a cruise that was largely "blue carders", and I sent my travel clothes to be laundered at bedtime of embarkation day, They were back a day and a half later. An item I sent a couple of days later was back within 24 hours.

On long cruises, which tend to be heavy with "black carders", 3 days is the norm, and occasionally even 4 days.

We board the Star Princess on Saturday after two nights in Vancouver. My husband and I are wanting to only take one suitcase and a carry on each. If I gave the steward laundry on Sunday morning it might be back on Monday or Tuesday?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's a 4 day cruise. Place the bag on the bed Saturday afternoon. Steward will pick it up during the evening turn down. You will probably get it back Sunday evening, but it may be Monday. Usually the steward will pick up on boarding day, but sometimes the laundry will not process until the next day.

Just a guess, but being a 4 day cruise there probably will not be a)lots of elites on board, and b) not many passengers will require laundry services.