Diamond question

Do keep in mind your cruise is very popular with higher tier C&A members, so if the Diamond Lounge tends to be too busy and you can't find a seat...you can use your 3 drink vouchers all 

around the ship. 

Enjoy your cruise on one of my favorite ships!  🙂

15 hours ago, scottraveller said:

My wife and I were on Serenade last year and Jewel (sister ship) this September and I didn't look to see if cappuccino is one of the drinks. I know they have the coffee machine next to the bar so perhaps it's one of the options. By the way the lounge is fab as it has outdoor seating. If the weather is good it's lovely to sit outside with your drinks and nibbles

thanks looking forward to our trip

On 9/11/2018 at 4:11 PM, the mistral wind said:

Hooray We will be Diamond this year. We have the serenade of the seas booked. Will we be able to visit the diamond lounge and get free drinks?? Waited so long for thisclear.png?emoji-smile-1742.Hope they don't change the rules lol Has anyone cruised this ship lately? This will be 10 night.:):):):)

Welcome to the Diamond lounge.

I've found it helpful to carry some small bills and tip the server in the diamond lounge with each drink.  I find that my Scotch on the rocks suddenly has a more generous pour and if I'm in one of the bars around the ship, I start getting the top shelf Scotch instead of from under the counter.  Sit in the same area each night, chat up your server a bit and you'll find that they will seek you out and give even better service.  You may also find them working other venues on the ship and they'll take care of you there as well.

Be nice to the hardworking crew and it will come back to you ten-fold.

On 11/16/2018 at 5:51 AM, scottraveller said:

My wife and I were on Serenade last year and Jewel (sister ship) this September and I didn't look to see if cappuccino is one of the drinks. I know they have the coffee machine next to the bar so perhaps it's one of the options. By the way the lounge is fab as it has outdoor seating. If the weather is good it's lovely to sit outside with your drinks and nibbles

I don't remember any outside seating for the DL.  I remember it being available in the CL.  

Yes, Lattes and Cappuccinos are available as choices on the machine in both the DL and CL.  

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I've found it helpful to carry some small bills and tip the server in the diamond lounge with each drink.  I find that my Scotch on the rocks suddenly has a more generous pour and if I'm in one of the bars around the ship, I start getting the top shelf Scotch instead of from under the counter.  Sit in the same area each night, chat up your server a bit and you'll find that they will seek you out and give even better service.  You may also find them working other venues on the ship and they'll take care of you there as well.

We do the same...with the same results.  😉  We tip a dollar a drink for every drink, every time.  We will sometimes get multiple waiters or will sit at the bar in the CL...so it gets spread out.  

11 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I certainly will tip them. I am looking forward to this. Thank you for the tip

12 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Australians don’t have the tipping system and a lot of Ozzie’s are fiercely against it but it works on well in the bars on RC .

I tipped the bar staff to look after my 18 old daughter so I could go to bed each night.

They looked after as if she was there own.

People asked her are you the captains daughter or something?

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Australians don’t have the tipping system and a lot of Ozzie’s are fiercely against it but it works on well in the bars on RC .

I tipped the bar staff to look after my 18 old daughter so I could go to bed each night.

They looked after as if she was there own.

People asked her are you the captains daughter or something?

I don't know if i would trust that lol.

But i know a lot of Europeans don't tip either. Americans usually do. They know that. When in Rome do like the Romans.