Disembarking Vancouver when overnighting in port

misha1

Hello NCL cruisers. DH and I just booked the 6 night Bliss Pacific Coastal that spends 1 night in Port in Vancouver before we disembark. How early are we able to leave the ship on disembarkation day? We would like to consider a train ride to Seattle or Portland. Thanks, Julie

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't know the answer but pay careful attention when you book a train from Vancouver to Seattle. Some "trains" are really buses in that they book the buses and the trains through the same site and you can end up on one if you don't pay attention to what you're booking.

The trains to Seattle are 6.35am or 5.45pm all the rest are buses. If you want to go to Portland it would have to be the 6.35am as the afternoon one would need to have an overnight in Seattle.

To get to the Station and through all the Customs and Immigration you would have to be off the boat by 5am at the very latest.

I am looking at constructing how you are going to do this.

What is the sailing date of the BLISS ?

Is this the one ?

https://www.ncl.com/cruises/6-day-pacific-coastal-from-los-angeles-BLISS6LAXSFOVICVAN?numberOfGuests=4294953449&ships=4294950412&state=MN&destinations=4294961384&itineraryCode=BLISS6LAXSFOVICVAN

BLISS arrives 11:00 am May 3 - You plan to overnight on the ship at Vancouver and then disembark after 7:00 am

May 4

and then take an AMTRAK train to either Seattle or Portland that day May 4 ?

Amtrak has the Cascades departing at 6:30 am and 5:45 pm (Seattle only)

The 6:30 train to Portland no can do - train departs before you get off the ship.

Most all other train travel is by motor coach to the King St Station in Seattle

Only the 5:45 pm Amtrak train works fitting your plans taking the train NOT the bus.

If you can disembark at or prior to 5 am then the 6:30 train to Portland is possible.

Option disembark the previous day and stay at hotel near the train depot ?

This is with coordinating available present scheduling information - NCL & Amtrak.

AMTRAK LINK:

https://tickets.amtrak.com/itd/amtrak

Google Map LINK:

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.2771882,-123.0914555,5224m/data=!3m1!1e3

BLISS is at Canada Place - Amtrak at Pacific Central Station (STRATHCONA on map)

Distance is about a mile and half apart a twenty minute trip nominally.

Option disembark the previous day and stay at hotel near the train depot ?

I agree about getting off the evening before if you cannot get off at 5am BUT there is no decent hotel near the Pacific Central Station you will need a hotel downtown and take an early taxi.

Unless I'm reading this wrong, there is daily train service on Amtrak Cascades departing YVR to SEA #517, 505, 507, 519 at 0635, 0900, 1130 and 1745 hours.

I know I've done the Cascades YVR to SEA run before and it was at 5:35 PM arriving SEA @ 10:00 PM or so.

See the schedule here:

https://www.amtrak.com/content/dam/projects/dotcom/english/public/documents/timetables/Amtrak-Cascades-Schedule-010218.pdf

Edited by Outerdog

Have you asked NCL? I can’t see any reason why you can’t leave at 5 am. We just did a cruise where we ported in Victoria and then Vancouver; and aside from disembarking procedures on the ship, once we got off we were free to walk off and leave port. No customs to go through. Since you’ll be in port the night before, I can’t see any reason you couldn’t simply walk off with your luggage at 5am

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well that settles that, no way in hell am I getting up that early in the AM while I'm on vacation. Never been a morning person, and I suspect I never will be. I'll take my chances at YVR see what I loose to Canada's version of TSA this time.