Coffee Coffee Coffee

Pickels

On 9/28/2018 at 1:19 PM, Ombud said:

it is regrettable that you've neglected to read the small print which has since 2015 stated that: conditions can change. Furthermore it is just $35!

$35 times 2500 passengers is a lot of profit.  Yes I know not all passengers buy one.  I know there will be 2 less that do now.

23 hours ago, Potstech said:

$35 times 2500 passengers is a lot of profit.  Yes I know not all passengers buy one.  I know there will be 2 less that do now.

It is not all profit and it will be offset by individual drinks purchased.

With the Drink packages (purchased or part of the Sip and Sail), the free exchanges for a free mini bar set ups, and the  purchases of the coffee cards with non refundable OBC, I would not be surprised it the actual profit creating  purchases of coffee cards is low.  Princess’s profit might even be higher by eliminating the older antiquated physical card.  Once the free cards are no longer valid, I suspect the profit will increase.

I am sure Princess knows exactly how many coffee cards they previously actually sold for profit and any impact.  

The implementation of the “switch” is certainly unpopular for individuals holding 

multiple cards that cannot be used by the new expiration date. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/14/2018 at 12:14 AM, caribill said:

Not all coffee made from syrup is "yuck". Some of the finest restaurants on land serve coffee made from syrup.

Like coffee beans, the syrup comes in a variety of quality levels. Rumor has it that Princess is not purchasing the highest available syrup quality.

This must apply to all free coffee on all cruise ships (majority “yuck”) - but I guess it’s all a matter of taste 😉

On 11/11/2018 at 2:32 AM, donaldsc said:

If they are going to steal the coffee that I paid for at the end of the cruise, what I would do on the last night of the cruise would be to order as many of the cups as I have left and then just pour them out.  It is wasted I admit but so would the unused coffee that I have fully paid for.

DON

Don,

Does this not also apply to the beverage packages that so many people purchase?