Coffee Coffee Coffee

Pickels

The punches are good until August 31st 2019.

So Princess Lied to everyone when they said your Coffee card ( Punches) would be good on your next cruise. Your next cruise may be after August 31, 2019 and your coffee card has expired.

The Coffee Card Rebellion Continues.

Tony

Edited by Lucky TGO

Their business plan changed, something easier than a punch card, can't blame them and here is another thread about it. I have several cards, sail alone, after my cruise in Oct. not going again until Oct. 2019. No big deal. I never sell them, might be part of Princess reasoning, all the cards for sale on Ebay. Somehow I find this part very amusing! :D

Their business plan changed, something easier than a punch card, can't blame them and here is another thread about it. I have several cards, sail alone, after my cruise in Oct. not going again until Oct. 2019. No big deal. I never sell them, might be part of Princess reasoning, all the cards for sale on Ebay. Somehow I find this part very amusing! :D

When someone blatantly lies to me, then yes I can blame then.

But it seems that you don't seem to mind being shortchanged.

Why don't you just give your cards to a friend if you don't want to sell them on eBay.

You could even offer them to someone on this board for free and make a future cruise friend.

I agree. There are always those that ruin it for everyone at some point. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just return from a 21 night Mediterranean cruise on the Crown. The coffee in the Horizon and main dinning rooms is not close to being called coffee. Do as we did, we purchased a French press at the first port along with some ILLY coffee. We would make our coffee using the supplied hot water in the Horizon. Problem solved!

Good Morning,

Would someone clue us in on what type of coffee, (syrup/brewed) is offered on the Regal Princess.

Where do you get coffee made with syrup, (yuck), and where do you get brewed coffee, (great).

thanks all, Happy Cruisin'

Good Morning ~

I find that coffee is almost as subjective as food. Steve and I like a strong brew and many of our friends call it "mud" or undrinkable. Conversely, when we drink their coffee we often think "why bother?" - it is so weak it tastes like they may have only just waved a coffee bean over some hot water.

That being said, I found the syrup on the grand class ships undrinkable. Thus I bought a coffee card every time we sailed just to get the brewed at the IC. However, on our last cruise on the Regal I decided to give their free coffee a try and found it surprisingly drinkable.

We are not fans of frou frou coffee drinks (not worth the calories in my mind) so we still have a coffee card with all the punches left. We are sailing on the Regal about two weeks prior to you - we won't be buying a new card on that sailing knowing that the free coffee is brewed and is fine for us. As always, YMMV

Only the Royal Class ships offer brewed coffee in venues other than IC. The rest of the fleet is using syrup except for IC.

So, on the Sapphire you can only get fresh brewed in the IC; nowhere else?

If you have a coffee card at dinner and want decaf, am I to correctly assume you'll get the same stuff that everyone in the dining room gets?

Thanks

So, on the Sapphire you can only get fresh brewed in the IC; nowhere else?

If you have a coffee card at dinner and want decaf, am I to correctly assume you'll get the same stuff that everyone in the dining room gets?

Thanks

Brewed coffee (regular or decaf) is only served at the IC and in dining rooms it’s from concentrate. On Royal-class ships coffee in dining rooms is made from coffee machines that use ground coffee.

If you order a specialty coffee in a dining room that’s from the IC.

So Princess Lied to everyone when they said your Coffee card ( Punches) would be good on your next cruise. Your next cruise may be after August 31, 2019 and your coffee card has expired.

The Coffee Card Rebellion Continues.

Tony

it is regrettable that you've neglected to read the small print which has since 2015 stated that:

• Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented with or without notice.

conditions can change. Furthermore it is just $35!

Brewed coffee (regular or decaf) is only served at the IC and in dining rooms it’s from concentrate. On Royal-class ships coffee in dining rooms is made from coffee machines that use ground coffee.

If you order a specialty coffee in a dining room that’s from the IC.

Thanks, Astro Flyer!

Hope the line at the IC isn't too long at 6:30 AM.

First time getting coffee cards. Hope it's good and strong!

Thanks, Astro Flyer!

Hope the line at the IC isn't too long at 6:30 AM.

First time getting coffee cards. Hope it's good and strong!

You’re welcome...on Royal-class ships I’ve sailed in the morning at the IC they were repeatedly brewing carafes of coffee & pouring them into a large insulated metal dispenser. Sometimes they had a separate line for brewed coffee which helped to minimize waiting for it.

But like other things the procedure can vary based on the baristas.

Taste is so subjective & hopefully it will be good for you...I’m now enjoying my morning 100% Kona coffee that we grind & brew. [emoji3] :hot-beverage:

You’re welcome...on Royal-class ships I’ve sailed in the morning at the IC they were repeatedly brewing carafes of coffee & pouring them into a large insulated metal dispenser. Sometimes they had a separate line for brewed coffee which helped to minimize waiting for it.

But like other things the procedure can vary based on the baristas.

Taste is so subjective & hopefully it will be good for you...I’m now enjoying my morning 100% Kona coffee that we grind & brew. [emoji3] :hot-beverage:

I have to stick to Sumatra in VA! :D

• 1 month later...
On 9/13/2018 at 7:01 AM, lutonhoo said:

Is this on all Princess ships now - we are on the Caribbean Princess shortly and was going to purchase the coffee card - did'nt realise it is now put onto your cruise card. We normally have a few cups left and use them on a following cruise !

Thank you for this information. When the Princess site said "digital" I had visions of downloading an app and having to carry around my phone while on the cruise. 

On 9/12/2018 at 12:48 PM, floridalover5623 said:

And don't forget that when you buy the 15 cup coffee package any remaining cups not claimed are confiscated at the end of the cruise. 😞

If they are going to steal the coffee that I paid for at the end of the cruise, what I would do on the last night of the cruise would be to order as many of the cups as I have left and then just pour them out.  It is wasted I admit but so would the unused coffee that I have fully paid for.

DON