MUTS - Times

Dreamer115

We will be going on a Princess ship in 2020, not sure which one yet, we're working on that. We are wondering what times the movies start? Does it vary by ship or time that it gets dark?

Generally speaking, the main nightly feature movie at MUTS will show at 7:00pm and again at 10:00pm. But check your daily Princess Patter to be sure because it can vary.

Princess has MUTS schedules down to a science.

If you head up to the Lido deck at the normal time early or late sitting dinner ends, or right after the first show or other activity has ended--the feature on MUTS should be right about halfway through. Consistent throughout the fleet.

Princess has MUTS schedules down to a science.

If you head up to the Lido deck at the normal time early or late sitting dinner ends, or right after the first show or other activity has ended--the feature on MUTS should be right about halfway through. Consistent throughout the fleet.

Not that consistent.

On one cruise, with 2nd seating dinner, the only way to see a MUTS movie in the evening was to see the first half before dinner and the second half after dinner.

Generally speaking, the main nightly feature movie at MUTS will show at 7:00pm and again at 10:00pm. But check your daily Princess Patter to be sure because it can vary.

Thanks, best answer. Wondering if kids would get to see movies or just adults. I am looking forward to it, hope the weather is good enough to see at least one. Do the movies play on the TV's as well if we feel like laying in bed and watching one night.

Thanks, best answer. Wondering if kids would get to see movies or just adults. I am looking forward to it, hope the weather is good enough to see at least one. Do the movies play on the TV's as well if we feel like laying in bed and watching one night.

Not to be a wet blanket, but I'm no fan of MUTS. Many screens have ridiculous numbers of dead pixels, sound levels are often too low, too many interruptions by noisy passengers and ambient sounds. The best MUTS experience I had was a few years back; during the climax of a pretty stupid fantasy film the ship was visited by a torrential rainstorm. We ducked under cover and enjoyed the multi-sensory experience.

If it's a film I really want to see, I'd rather watch it in the Princess Theater. And even if it's not...I started watching Wonder Woman at MUTS, gave up because the sound was bad and the resolution lousy, and had a much better time watching it back home on HBO. (And daytime MUTS is even worse, and intrusive if you want to use the pool without being subjected to a romcom. Though singing along with Mamma Mia! was fun.)

Oh, and one other First World Problem - the popcorn is usually second rate.

Edited by shepp

Our first experience with MUTS wasn't good. We didn't know that the Sterling Steakhouse was advertised as being outside that evening. The diners wanted the audio of the movie very quiet - people watching the movie couldn't hear more than a very occasional word. We called it SMUTS - Silent Movies Under the Stars.

MUTS is open to everyone. They just set up deck chairs around the screen and everyone is invited. Sometimes the movie will play on the cabin's TV the next day, but not always. Many times on sea days, a movie will play in the Princess Theater during the afternoon.

Aus traveler- I think that was very unfair of princess to adjust the movie volume to accommodate the steak house diners. They were intruding on MUTS space.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

The poor officer who was adjusting the volume was being hassled by two separate groups of people. Probably the end result (soft dialogue for the movie) didn't suit either group. We haven't been back to MUTS until a recent cruise where there was no problem with the volume - just a terrible movie.:D

We will be going on a Princess ship in 2020, not sure which one yet, we're working on that. We are wondering what times the movies start? Does it vary by ship or time that it gets dark?

Thanks

Check your program . 2020:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wanted to know in advance as trying to choose a cruise for the kids and us. I can't check the patter in advance....

Don't make the times MUTS movies are shown this week a major part of your decision for cruising in the future. Showtimes now may not be the same at all in the future.

By the way, if you sail during (American) football season, several evenings will have live football games on MUTS, not movies.