Chef’s amenity gift

Just off Symphony and realised we didn’t get a plate of strawberries or canapés on formal night. Not a biggie as the scales show that I had more than enough food... but wondered if this was being phased out?

Our experience has been that we are still getting a plate or two per 7-day cruise.

I think you must have gotten skipped/forgotten or another cabin got your treats. We got ours in June.

Our friends didn't get theirs either. Perhaps they forgot to load the strawberries for our trip!

What did happen is that we got our water and soda/beer amenity twice though.

As I said it really wasn't an issue...more of an FYI.... I did get them on my 3 other RCI cruises this year.

Just off Symphony and realised we didn’t get a plate of strawberries or canapés on formal night. Not a biggie as the scales show that I had more than enough food... but wondered if this was being phased out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We usually do but recently in a Royal Family Suite we got nothing the entire cruise! I asked but still got nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Seems to be hit and miss with our cruises this year, some we get something and others nothing at all. I remember we asked on Mariner re-positioning in April/May as had not received anything and LA apologized but said that there were so many Pinnacles onboard that they couldn’t cope ! However a plate of goodies arrived soon after that.

You can speak to the Loyalty Ambassador, but this is really not a big thing.

Really it's just the principle. If RCCL tells me they are going to give me something, follow through. Otherwise, they are liars.

I don't care what it is really, just do what you say you are going to do. Too often companies fall down on their commitments and people let them get away with it.

[Off my soapbox now] :D

Guest maddycat

I do appreciate the bottles of water and the bottle of wine for my diamond plus gift. But I always give the chocolate covered strawberries and the plate of assorted cookies to our cabin attendant. The last thing that I need or want on a cruise is more food.

Seems to be hit and miss with our cruises this year, some we get something and others nothing at all. I remember we asked on Mariner re-positioning in April/May as had not received anything and LA apologized but said that there were so many Pinnacles onboard that they couldn’t cope ! However a plate of goodies arrived soon after that.

This has been my experience recently as well. It's not a big deal but it is a bit annoying as this is a nice little perk that I've earned and don't always get.