LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

Who do you book with to get those prices.

On my own. I stopped using a TA. I stalk the RCI web page. And whatever you do, do not use Next Cruise. Many cheerleaders on here swear by it. They have routinely quoted me double or triple what we’ve paid for this room now and in the past. Trust me when I tell you that neither this room, nor CK or the suite lounge are worth $10,000 and upwards. Frankly, we are on Harmony because of our kids but for them we would be on Regent instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have found that the service on this particular cruise has been spotty. Our stateroom attendant has neglected to leave toiletries twice already. We had to address this with Hotel director. The first thing I did when I met him was hand him $20 and asked him to take good care of us. We don’t believe it is his fault - we believe he is not properly trained which makes it his superior’s fault.

Our server in CK from past cruises is on here. He is excellent. However, this cruise he takes longer than usual to start serving us and bring food. He forgets to bring us items and is no where near as good as we remember him to be. Again, we do not believe it is his fault. It seems - and we may be wrong - that CK is not as well staffed as in the past. He is clearly handling more tables than is optimal.

The ship is in generally good condition but there are areas that are showing wear and tear - mostly furniture and floors.

Our suite in the past had an interesting vase with some items in it on the coffee table in the living room. It no longer exits. The master bedroom used to have a nice white box for women to store their jewelry - it is also gone. And you already saw the issue we had with the master bedroom chair.

We’re simply not impressed with this cruise and my wife keeps mentioning how we would have felt if we had paid the usual $10,000 to $13,000 that this GS normally costs.

Small stuff but it sucks and more importantly it shouldn’t be happening.

One more thing - I called room service to inquire what was available for order from the MDR lunch menu and the unproperly trained soul who answered the phone told me to order off the TV. I had to explain to him that I was not calling to order from the regular room service menu, that I was calling to order from the MDR lunch menu. He told me I couldn’t. I explained to him that I could because I was in a suite. He put me on hold for 5 - 10 minutes and came back to said that I was correct and could do so. By this point I was so annoyed that I thanked him, hung up and proceeded to CK to eat from the same lunch menu that does not change all week. On a bright note the breaded chicken with vegetable and pesto is tasty - not sure how tasty it will seem after 7 days.

I type this as I sit here on hold now for more than 10 minutes because our toilet does not flush.

One more thing - I called room service to inquire what was available for order from the MDR lunch menu and the unproperly trained soul who answered the phone told me to order off the TV. I had to explain to him that I was not calling to order from the regular room service menu, that I was calling to order from the MDR lunch menu. He told me I couldn’t. I explained to him that I could because I was in a suite. He put me on hold for 5 - 10 minutes and came back to said that I was correct and could do so. By this point I was so annoyed that I thanked him, hung up and proceeded to CK to eat from the same lunch menu that does not change all week. On a bright note the breaded chicken with vegetable and pesto is tasty - not sure how tasty it will seem after 7 days.

I type this as I sit here on hold now for more than 10 minutes because our toilet does not flush.

We are in a GS on deck 8 for 9/29 cruise. What deck are you currently on?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have found that the service on this particular cruise has been spotty. Our stateroom attendant has neglected to leave toiletries twice already. We had to address this with Hotel director. The first thing I did when I met him was hand him $20 and asked him to take good care of us. We don’t believe it is his fault - we believe he is not properly trained which makes it his superior’s fault.

Our server in CK from past cruises is on here. He is excellent. However, this cruise he takes longer than usual to start serving us and bring food. He forgets to bring us items and is no where near as good as we remember him to be. Again, we do not believe it is his fault. It seems - and we may be wrong - that CK is not as well staffed as in the past. He is clearly handling more tables than is optimal.

The ship is in generally good condition but there are areas that are showing wear and tear - mostly furniture and floors.

Our suite in the past had an interesting vase with some items in it on the coffee table in the living room. It no longer exits. The master bedroom used to have a nice white box for women to store their jewelry - it is also gone. And you already saw the issue we had with the master bedroom chair.

We’re simply not impressed with this cruise and my wife keeps mentioning how we would have felt if we had paid the usual $10,000 to $13,000 that this GS normally costs.

sorry to hear that service is lacking and the ship seems ragged .......maybe speaking with concierge or loyalty ambassador about your concerns may help....at least you will be getting out to someone on the ship

I kind of thought 5-6 grand is typical for that cabin in off season.

Regardless, you should be getting great service. Sorry

BTW, Laura tells me Gunny (Tony) is on the cruise with you. They are staying till next week when we board.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Edited by John&LaLa

bfc01acf608d45215e85d53694187cf5.jpg8255bab582f9c39076401c023fa09532.jpg

Dinner was at Izumi tonight. It was nothing special. Again, we went because of the kids and they enjoyed it. The service was good and the cook was very nice and special with the boys. We cancelled our reservation there for later in the week. The other two couples at our table said Chops and Wonderland were not that great.

Dinner was at Izumi tonight. It was nothing special. Again, we went because of the kids and they enjoyed it. The service was good and the cook was very nice and special with the boys. We cancelled our reservation there for later in the week. The other two couples at our table said Chops and Wonderland were not that great.

Think maybe you're sour now from the bad service, room issues, etc.? We stayed in an ATS last fall and though Izumi was great -- more for the experience probably than the food but overall fun. Chops for us was meh. Wonderland we went to twice, enjoyed both the experience and the food.

Think maybe you're sour now from the bad service, room issues, etc.? We stayed in an ATS last fall and though Izumi was great -- more for the experience probably than the food but overall fun. Chops for us was meh. Wonderland we went to twice, enjoyed both the experience and the food.

No not sour. Just pointing out some of the flaws we’ve experienced. We are having a great time. I pay attention to small details. I don’t choose to ignore them. They shouldn’t happen period. The experience at Izumi was nice. The food not so much.

I do believe this dinner menu is the one where my entree was all of six bites - and that is only because I cut my 1’x3’ piece of cod into three bites.

Earlier had been served a blackened (polite for burned) flatbread for lunch. Waiter was so embarrassed he never returned to ask if I liked the burnt offering.

Two strikes for RCI and CK. See no reason to toss good money away on a product that doesn’t treat suite guests to a better experience.

On Eclipse in a S2 - Luminea, Michaels Club, OBC, drink package for much less than RCI GS. No comparison.

We now cruise to enjoy the ocean. A basic ocean balcony gives me that experience although I now watch the sales to get my cabin category of choice.

I do believe this dinner menu is the one where my entree was all of six bites - and that is only because I cut my 1’x3’ piece of cod into three bites.

Earlier had been served a blackened (polite for burned) flatbread for lunch. Waiter was so embarrassed he never returned to ask if I liked the burnt offering.

Two strikes for RCI and CK. See no reason to toss good money away on a product that doesn’t treat suite guests to a better experience.

On Eclipse in a S2 - Luminea, Michaels Club, OBC, drink package for much less than RCI GS. No comparison.

We now cruise to enjoy the ocean. A basic ocean balcony gives me that experience although I now watch the sales to get my cabin category of choice.

Good for you. The cheerleaders on the RCI thread will just assume it is your fault and that you choose to focus on the negative.

We are absolutely sailing because of the price. Had I paid the highway robbery that these suites regularly go for I would not be happy.

PS - I will happily sail this floating Applebee’s again for the price I’m paying now.

Good for you. The cheerleaders on the RCI thread will just assume it is your fault and that you choose to focus on the negative.

We are absolutely sailing because of the price. Had I paid the highway robbery that these suites regularly go for I would not be happy.

PS - I will happily sail this floating Applebee’s again for the price I’m paying now.

I think Happi is a Celebrity cheerleader now. [emoji6] Just sayin.

And yes, everybody on a mainstream line cruises for value.

You are inspiring me to do live from Harmony B2B next week. Thank you.

I forgot about my last Princess suite upsell. The Club Class dining has improved 1000% since our first experience. Not sure it isn’t better than Luminea. We also like Blu on Celebrity which is still better than CK.

I like to cruise from my home port - only about a mile from my condo. I just can’t put my credit card on a product that has slipped considerably since I first started cruising on RCI (and that was on a Grandeur out of Baltimore that went nowhere).

Have two HAL cruises booked - ports RCI doesn’t go to. Love our welcome back functions.

I think Happi is a Celebrity cheerleader now. [emoji6] Just sayin.

And yes, everybody on a mainstream line cruises for value.

You are inspiring me to do live from Harmony B2B next week. Thank you.

We like Celebrity too. Been on Solstice, Equinox and Reflection. All of their ships are very, very TIRED.

John - you now wear the badge. I did not receive suite treatment on two RCI cruises when having paid for it - partly or mostly because of badge wearers taking over the ‘suite’ lounge. Won’t continue to toss money away on an overpriced suite product I can’t enjoy because of overcrowding.

Definitely looking forward to Edge.

There are lots of options out there. Do I stay on a cruise line that only goes to the same ports for ten years to build loyalty points? You should all remember my 70th birthday cruise debacle. Royal only wanted more money after dumping me from a deluxe balcony to an inside promenade cabin.

I like an adult product that provides a nice cruise experience. Have been told to move up to Regent or Oceana.

We like Celebrity too. Been on Solstice, Equinox and Reflection. All of their ships are very, very TIRED.

Those are the ships we have been on plus the summit. However, the deal we got in June of this year, was amazing on the equinox. Premium drink package, $300 obc, internet for two and prepaid gratuities was too good of a deal to pass up. Celebrity are now looking like a better overall deal for us.

224fd262539fc8c24f990b4da7ff316a.jpg

This was our GS from last year on Harmony. It’s a great suite but I wouldn’t pay $10k+ for it like most people do (for a family of 4).

Wow! 10G’s...we can go on 4 cruises in an OVB for that money!

DITTO!!!:cool::ship: