Your Time Dining on Horizon Question

Maplemoose

I see there are 2 levels to the Meridien for YTD. Seems to be a check in for each level. How does this work? Can you just report to the check in at either level? What if you use the Hub App to register? I am interested because, after seeing a You Tube tour, most of the 2 seat tables on the lower level seemed to be squeezed together, looking more like a 10 seat table with 6 inches of separation between couples. No privacy at all. The upper level seems to have a few more private tables. Can you make any such request or is it too late by the time they show you to your table?

We had YTD on the Horizon TA for 14 days. The lower=deck 3 is used for that. The Hub App was not available on that May sailing. You checked in by the Coffee Shop on deck 5 & then went to hostess desk in the Meridian. Very easy. Yes the tables for 2 are close, but most pax don't bother you if you look like you don't want to converse. We like large tables with new folks every night, but that's how we roll.

I just got off the Horizon and was anytime dining. I originally went to deck 5 to reserve, then got a notice via Hub app that my table was ready on deck 3. After that first time traveling to deck 5, I reserveddirectly through the Hub from my stateroom and received notice of my table being ready within 10 minutes each time. When making my reservation for 2, there was an option during making the reservation as to whether I wanted to join in a group table or keep my seating for two. I chose table for two each time and was never seated next to anyone. I know about those tight seating arrangements as they are not really for two when you are 4 inches away from the table next to you. I am very sociable but me and my cruise mate wanted to be a bit introverted during our dinner. We are 2 old time friends who wanted to talk girltalk privately without people sitting next to us listening in...... #girlfriendsecrets

I was on Horizon a month ago and we used the app to make reservations. Out of 5 nights we went, the app was not working twice. We had to go to deck 5 and check in, not a big deal. The problem was since the app was not working, we could not communicate with the rest of our party and did not eat with them. That's what happens when you rely on technology.

I was on Horizon a month ago and we used the app to make reservations. Out of 5 nights we went, the app was not working twice. We had to go to deck 5 and check in, not a big deal. The problem was since the app was not working, we could not communicate with the rest of our party and did not eat with them. That's what happens when you rely on technology.

So when the app was working, can you make a reservation for more then one cabin? We are a party of 8 in 3 cabins. Wondering if it will be easier to use the app or deck 5?

Last week: We had 2 cabins for dinner and we just went to deck 5 to check-in. It was so easy and we got a table immediately the 3 times we ate in the MDR. We didn't think we could check in 2 cabins at the same time, but never tried it. We were usually on deck 5 having pre-dinner drinks anyway.