Moving a refundable deposit cruise to a non refundable

Demongear

I was hoping for some direction. I was booked on a refundable deposit cruise with a reduced deposit for September 2019. I recently changed ships and itineraries to a non-refundable price. I kept the same booking number, do I have to pay the difference to bring the deposit amount up to the normally required $250.00 p/p or does it stay the same. My new receipt says the $500 is due by 9/23 and I will be on a cruise that date.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was hoping for some direction. I was booked on a refundable deposit cruise with a reduced deposit for September 2019. I recently changed ships and itineraries to a non-refundable price. I kept the same booking number, do I have to pay the difference to bring the deposit amount up to the normally required $250.00 p/p or does it stay the same. My new receipt says the $500 is due by 9/23 and I will be on a cruise that date.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, you do. Pay it now

I didn't have too, I booked under the Celebrity $50 deposit last black friday and then switched it too RCCL Freedom of the seas. My booking still says deposit due Dec 1st, 2017 and the cruise is in 2020. I've done this before as well it seems to be fine. My Liberty cruise this Jan was booked under a next cruise reduced deposit a couple years ago, changed it to a NRD and never paid anymore on the deposit for at least a year. I did just add it to a group, so then I had to pay the full deposit.