No lowered last minute fares, upgrades/upsells for Caribbean cruises later this year?

Wishing on a star

Once the ships start arriving for the winter season they may push harder to unload any unsold cabins.

I still get Last Minute Deal e-mails all the time from Princess. Most fares start at $60-70/pp/pd for inside cabins.

I wouldn't be holding my breath for the $40/pp/pd Oceanview and $50/pp/pd Balconies of a few years ago. The business model has changed; perks instead of lower prices are the norm during sales, so even when last minute fares are marked 'new bookings only' they won't be as low as before so not to contradict the current strategy.

There have been upsell offers going out on several 10 - 20 cruises going from any mini suite to any full suite

i got one for my canada trip. cant wait!

also around christmas i got some killer offers but couldnt go but i lament them daily :) 14 days for 858. what a deal

i was booked for 199 obs balc for january for a week but i had to cancel sadly. could have had 99 inside as well. i hope this year i get them because i dont care if anyone can go with me or not. ill pay double :)

2061459759_14daybalc.thumb.PNG.5d4cbd2807c8587d83cb85bbced8a2a5.PNG

There were great deals last year because of the hurricanes. In the wake of the devastation, many people changed their vacation plans and the cruise lines offered incredible deals to try to fill cabins. It was not the "norm". Some people were afraid to vacation in the Caribbean that year and others did not like the changes that sent ships to other ports because the intended ones suffered storm damage. I would not plan on seeing those kind of deals repeated on a regular basis.

Don

Since Princess is a 75-day final payment, I think they're only now getting into discount season for fares late this year. I know I didn't book my 12/30/17 cruise last year until late October when the sale prices became available. Tough part was getting a good deal on airfare that late in the game.

I'm pricing Celebrity to get a general sense of demand for NYE cruises, and so far there seems to be a lot of available capacity... I'm hoping that translates to some nice "last minute" discount fares.

Doesn't look like I am seeing anything at all, yet!

Doesn't look like some of these sailings are booked up, either???

It's too early.

If you're particularly ghoulish, you need to hope for lots of hurricane damage in the caribbean,

covered on the nightly news.

not too much later now, but on 8/21 I put a hold on a gty IF, 10 day Eastern Car. Voyager for 10/18 - 10/28 for $ 399 pp - yep 399 pp - total for 2 = $ 1154.00 with vac protection and port fees - on the CB

same day - "upgraded" cabin assigned - IB - B320...

had to let it go back due to scheduling...:(:(:(

and it had 3 ports we haven't been to - st kitts st lucia, and antiqua

major bummer