Wine package prices

John Cruise

I agree with many of these posts, especially RocketMan. If you like more upscale wines, buying them offshore and paying the corkage is a better deal. There is the issue of hauling a case (or more) onboard. For less expensive options, the Mariner discount makes the mainstream wines a bit more affordable. There almost always are substitutions on the "Cellars Packages". Sometimes it is for a better wine, and sometimes a weaker one. The best advice I can give is to "roll" with the unexpected on the lists. The wine staff are uniformly excellent in getting your wine if you are on the open seating plan. They like to know a day in advance if you are going to one of the specialty restaurants and will send whatever wines you specify to that restaurant.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, trixiee said:

Can I have 4 bottles of wine delivered to my hotel from Total Wines?  And can I assume they will be in a nice cardboard box with a handle?  We are not flying in until 5:00-ish the day before the cruise...

Yes, that is possible.  Here's the Total Wine website.  This link should take you to the Total Wine store in the Harbor Shops close to Port Everglades.  If it doesn't you can select another location.   You'll find instructions for delivery.  I'm not sure the cost, they use a vendor for deliveries.  You might also want to check with your hotel.  For example, Embassy Suites charges to receive packages.

I have no idea how the wine would be packaged for delivery.  

We're flying in around 4PM and staying at the Embassy. It's only about 1000 feet.  Plenty of time to visit the store.  We have a wine carrier from wine enthusiast that holds six bottles.  We'll use this bag to carry misc items on the airplane.  We'll check in, dump the contents and then walk to Total Wine.  They do sell two/four bag carriers.

https://www.totalwine.com/

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

Yes, that is possible.  Here's the Total Wine website.  This link should take you to the Total Wine store in the Harbor Shops close to Port Everglades.  If it doesn't you can select another location.   You'll find instructions for delivery.  I'm not sure the cost, they use a vendor for deliveries.  You might also want to check with your hotel.  For example, Embassy Suites charges to receive packages.

I have no idea how the wine would be packaged for delivery.  

We're flying in around 4PM and staying at the Embassy. It's only about 1000 feet.  Plenty of time to visit the store.  We have a wine carrier from wine enthusiast that holds six bottles.  We'll use this bag to carry misc items on the airplane.  We'll check in, dump the contents and then walk to Total Wine.  They do sell two/four bag carriers.

https://www.totalwine.com/

Thanks Rocketman.  Unfortunately, we're staying 3 miles away from Total Wines... I think I may just Uber over when we get in.  Just seems much simpler!

2 hours ago, trixiee said:

Thanks Rocketman.  Unfortunately, we're staying 3 miles away from Total Wines... I think I may just Uber over when we get in.  Just seems much simpler!

You could pre-order from total wine and it will be waiting for you to pickup.  This might work well if you're taking uber to your hotel.  Just go by TW and have the driver wait on you.  The wine will be packed and waiting.

BTW,  bit of advice.  Go ahead and sign up for Total Wine account.  I just got a coupon for 20% off.  

• Like 1