A Good Reason to Choose the Late Seating

GradUT

Looks like people all have their preference on dining time, and pretty evenly split, that is a good thing since they can't seat everyone all at the same time anyway. Its nice that everyone has a choice to do what works for them.

Never waited more than 10 minutes for YTD on 7 cruises. I don't like small talk and don't care what you did all day so we prefer to eat at our own table. It's bad enough that some tables are practically on top of each other and you have to listen to other peoples inane chatter. I am sure no one wants to hear our conversations either.

The MDR is never 2 hours, not even close. We are always in and out in an hour or less.

Oh wow well that would be great! I've read alot on these boards about the MDR and everyone else has said 2 hours for dinner. They stated reasons of the different courses as well as the folks at your table that may eat slow and if they aren't done the whole table waits for next course. That I totally get cause it would be rude to hurry along a slow eater. Hope that we do in fact meet some interesting people!

Yes we are scheduled for 6pm.

So yes, you will have to be at dinner at that time. Depending on the size of your party they will either have you at a table by yourself, or with a larger table with other folks. If you request to be sat by yourselves, they will do their best to accommodate.

We have not done set time dining in quite a while, but I feel two hours is an overstatement. In general I would say hour and fifteen, of course that will vary by ship and evening.

Enjoy your cruise, you will have a blast!

We are generally one and a half hours. I'm sure we're never done in an hour or less, and I think "an hour or less" my be an anomaly - or if not two standard deviations outside of the mean, at least one.

Don't tell me, you're a D.C. lawyer, well written. Not an anomaly, We had YTD and never dined for more than an hour. Since nothing needs to be cooked to order, we find the service almost too quick. We have to hold off the appetizer until we have some wine.

Not all old people go to bed early. Some that work early hours go to bed early. I have to be at work at 4:30 am.

Exactly! Can't change your body's schedule just cause you're on vacation! And "old" is a mental concept that has no relation to an actual numeric principle unless you let it be that way!! ;);)