Be aware of RC promotions!!!

Plankton82

If you went onto a website looking for something and found a big banner saying "BUY NOW!! OFFER ENDS TODAY!" and you went for it only to find a day later they have come out with a better deal, how would you feel?

The offer DID end that day.

A NEW offer came out the next day.

If that new offer had been a higher price, you would be patting yourself on the back for being so smart.

Offers come and go. You get what you get. If you wait a day, it could cost you more, it could be less, it could be the same.

I was tracking the prices in the UK and noticed that the 3 cruises that I was interested in increased in price by several hundred pounds per person at the beginning of September. I wondered what was happening, and then saw theat the all inclusive offer came out within a day or two. So it gave the impression that the drinks package had been thrown in for free -when actually prices had already been increased to cover it. Very annoying for you and I don't like their strategies one bit.

The offer DID end that day.

A NEW offer came out the next day.

If that new offer had been a higher price, you would be patting yourself on the back for being so smart.

Offers come and go. You get what you get. If you wait a day, it could cost you more, it could be less, it could be the same.

This is from their website.

Is this false advertising?f243ff4515a8bd306918d642fa630171.jpg

Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk

Booked two staterooms on September 3rd on the Harmony of the Seas as RC was announcing this as the last day of a BOGOHO promotion.

One day later, I go onto their website to check what shore excursions they have only to find out that they have another promotion starting September 4th until November that now on top of the BOGOHO also offers All Inclusive Package!!!

I know the Terms and Conditions apply but I felt rather ripped off. Thank you RC!!! Last time I am cruising with you guys!

in the US I believe before 24 hours you can cancel (buyers remorse?). I wonder if its the same thing in the UK?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/best-price-guarantee-policy

What is the Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program?

A When you reserve with Royal Caribbean and subsequently find a lower rate advertised by Royal Caribbean within 48 hours from the time the reservation is made, we will honor that lower eligible rate by applying an onboard credit to the reservation equal to 110% of the price difference. For reservations outside of final payment period, the onboard credit may be replaced, upon request, with a reduction to the outstanding balance or a refund. An eligible, fare must be:

a) Available for the same ship, sailing, category and number of guests as the current reservation;

b) Available at the time the request for the lower rate is made; and

c) A rate that the current reservation would be eligible to receive, if any special restrictions apply.

The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will only be available up to 48 hours after the reservation is made. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will be available for most rate types with the exception of the "Going. Going. Gone Sales Events"; Travel Agent, Interline or Industry Reduced Rates; Employee rate programs; the Ultimate Family Suite onboard Symphony of the Seas and a select number of price programs and promotions; for new reservations only; or as specified in the price program detail. The subsequent lower rate will be subject to the prevailing taxes and fees and/or fuel supplement, if applicable.

On the flip side of this of this if you checked the next day and found the price went up or the incentives disappeared you would have felt happy you got the better pricing. Plus, they aren't asking you to make up the difference for the newer higher price.

Getting the best price is a game between both you and the cruise line.

in the US I believe before 24 hours you can cancel (buyers remorse?). I wonder if its the same thing in the UK?

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/best-price-guarantee-policy

What is the Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program?

A When you reserve with Royal Caribbean and subsequently find a lower rate advertised by Royal Caribbean within 48 hours from the time the reservation is made, we will honor that lower eligible rate by applying an onboard credit to the reservation equal to 110% of the price difference. For reservations outside of final payment period, the onboard credit may be replaced, upon request, with a reduction to the outstanding balance or a refund. An eligible, fare must be:

a) Available for the same ship, sailing, category and number of guests as the current reservation;

b) Available at the time the request for the lower rate is made; and

c) A rate that the current reservation would be eligible to receive, if any special restrictions apply.

The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will only be available up to 48 hours after the reservation is made. The Royal Caribbean Best Price Guarantee Program will be available for most rate types with the exception of the "Going. Going. Gone Sales Events"; Travel Agent, Interline or Industry Reduced Rates; Employee rate programs; the Ultimate Family Suite onboard Symphony of the Seas and a select number of price programs and promotions; for new reservations only; or as specified in the price program detail. The subsequent lower rate will be subject to the prevailing taxes and fees and/or fuel supplement, if applicable.

I briefly thought about this, but as the booking was made on Sept. 3rd this wouldn´t apply anymore.

I doubt the best price guarantee would have kicked in here anyway. As stated by the OP the price was not lower it remained the same. The best price guarantee only talks about a lower rate, not about additional perks thrown in. While it would have been a better deal for the OP it was not a lower rate.

On the flip side of this of this if you checked the next day and found the price went up or the incentives disappeared you would have felt happy you got the better pricing. Plus, they aren't asking you to make up the difference for the newer higher price.

Getting the best price is a game between both you and the cruise line.

If they are announcing a promotion and I apply for it be assured I don't expect the price to drop or to see the promotion being better the following day.

Unfortunately you've got a raw end of the deal here. Most of the time (I'd say over 95% of cruises) when the 'Free' Drinks Package promo comes on, the price of the cruise goes up by several hundred £££££. In the cases where it doesn't, you unfortunately miss out.

Because a company can do whatever it wants with it's pricing. I've bought things before on sale and then the very next sale it's cheaper. I've also seen the price go up too.

That promotion ended that day. There's nothing stopping them from doing a different promotion the next day, as they did.

Either cancel and rebook or accept what you have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Prices and promotions go up and down depending on capacity of the ships. Simple Supply and Demand. They can't let everyone get the best deal that has ever been offered for their cruise. That's why the have non-refundable cost involved so you can keep getting better deals as they are trying to fill a ship.

If they are announcing a promotion and I apply for it be assured I don't expect the price to drop or to see the promotion being better the following day.
Why not? RCCL cruises regularly experience price drops and they have ongoing promotions throughout the year which could be better or worse.

Prices and promotions go up and down depending on capacity of the ships. Simple Supply and Demand. They can't let everyone get the best deal that has ever been offered for their cruise. That's why the have non-refundable cost involved so you can keep getting better deals as they are trying to fill a ship.
That is not what I have read about US customers being fully refunded on their deposits and getting the better deal

That is not what I have read about US customers being fully refunded on their deposits and getting the better deal

You don't get the deposit back- it goes toward the revised reservation.

But we've gotten price adjustments MANY times, for pretty much every cruise we have been on. It does not take looking at the price every single day- just every once in a while.

Not sure where you've read US customers who have not gotten the lower price adjustments, plenty of us have, and have posted about it.

Still, since you are not cruising anymore with RCI, why do you keep making a big deal about it? The future is not important, since you will not be part of it. Focus on the present.