Current black card specialty dinner on seaside?

LMaxwell

I find it ironic that some people who status-matched are complaining about not getting the Black Card benefits they thought they were "entitled" to get!  :classic_rolleyes:  Just imagine their reaction if they'd actually achieved the top level, only to find that the benefits were drastically cut to facilitate the introduction of status-match!

9 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I find it ironic that some people who status-matched are complaining about not getting the Black Card benefits they thought they were "entitled" to get!  :classic_rolleyes:  Just imagine their reaction if they'd actually achieved the top level, only to find that the benefits were drastically cut to facilitate the introduction of status-match!

For sailing 2 weeks on seaside I am over halfway to Black (5300 pts) if we did not get the status match.  Way less time than the 180 pts I needed to reach Doamond Plus on Royal. To reach Diamond Plus as a couple, it would take 90 days sailing in a suite.  While I can achieve black status sailing a total of 28 days in YC.  MSC has one of the lower requirements to get top status in their loyalty program. 

19 minutes ago, frank808 said:

For sailing 2 weeks on seaside I am over halfway to Black (5300 pts) if we did not get the status match.  Way less time than the 180 pts I needed to reach Doamond Plus on Royal. To reach Diamond Plus as a couple, it would take 90 days sailing in a suite.  While I can achieve black status sailing a total of 28 days in YC.  MSC has one of the lower requirements to get top status in their loyalty program. 

I think you are off in your numbers unless you are counting a lot of on board spend.  Strictly speaking two one week YC sailings will only get you 3000 points, less than 1/3 to Black.  If you did it as one two week cruise that would be even less at 2000 points.  Even if your 28 days was four one week cruises it only puts you to 6000 points, so a bit more than half way to Black.

Edited by Até

25 minutes ago, Até said:

I think you are off in your numbers unless you are counting a lot of on board spend.  Strictly speaking two one week YC sailings will only get you 3000 points, less than 1/3 to Black.  If you did it as one two week cruise that would be even less at 2000 points.  Even if your 28 days was four one week cruises it only puts you to 6000 points, so a bit more than half way to Black.

Yes I did receive credit for onboard spend.  Add in a few massages, spa treatments, internet package and other spend. Spent a little more on extras than on royal but the cruise was less than half price for the same week on royal in a sky class cabin.  I was surprised that we got points for on board spend as royal only counts days onboard.  

Even if I did not do any on board spend, 7 weeks in YC will get you to black.  49 days is still pretty low to get to the top of the loyalty program.  

It was peculiar that seperate cruises came out cheaper than a 14 day cruise.  It is that way also on our future cruises with MSC.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi digging up this thread with a question since we are black but are sailing with friends who are not, does anyone have the pricing of the restaurants from onboard?  we only wanted to do the Teppanyaki one but is that still not included with the free dinner?

TIA

4 hours ago, Krickett said:

Hi digging up this thread with a question since we are black but are sailing with friends who are not, does anyone have the pricing of the restaurants from onboard?  we only wanted to do the Teppanyaki one but is that still not included with the free dinner?

TIA

Sorry dont know prices but teppanyaki is not included with black card dinner.